K. Thompson Photography - Wedding Photojournalist in DC, MD, and VA - HC

First and foremost, let me start off by saying that I hate having my picture taken. During the wedding planning process it was one of the things I dreaded the most...the idea of someone sticking a camera in my face for basically an entire day sounded miserable.

Then we met Kelsey.

Kelsey had done the wedding photography for two couples that my wife and I are very close with so we knew the end product would be fantastic, however, sitting in her Alexandria studio (attached to her house) I found myself thinking "This is someone I'd like to have at my wedding regardless of if she's a vendor or not". She immediately put me at ease and is about as down to earth as you could possibly be. She clearly has a great eye for pictures and her abilities to create custom albums and different packages for each couples needs really was appreciated. Importantly, not once in the entire process did I ever feel like I was being "sold"...she seemed completely fine if we had chosen the smallest package or the largest and helped us envision what we would do with each in the same helpful detail. I very clearly remember walking down her sidewalk with my then fiance and both of us chuckling and saying "well its no contest, it has to be her".

Leading up to the wedding she was extremely helpful in planning ideas (where to do the reveal, how to handle family pictures, etc) and timelines that proved to be not only useful, but necessary, as we got closer to the big day.

On our wedding day Kelsey lived up to our expectations and more. Despite the threat of rain, we were able to do our reveal without a hitch at the DC World War I Memorial while Kelsey fended off meddling park police (we did have a permit) and organized our group quickly and efficiently. At the ceremony and reception, I almost didnt even realize that Kelsey was there (and that is a compliment) once we got through the family pictures. Her ability to herd the families through in a way that allowed us to actually enjoy our cocktail hour was greatly appreciated.

She found me just before she was packing up to leave for the night and asked if there was anything she could do for me. I quickly asked if she had been able to get a few shots we'd discussed and she laughed and said she had. She looked exhausted and I knew she had worked her butt off both getting the best pictures she could as well as ensuring that in doing so, she in now way made us feel like she was imposing.

We were truly lucky to have Kelsey Thompson as the photographer that chronicled our special day, and I would wholeheartedly endorse her to anyone who is just beginning the wedding planning process.

http://www.kthompsonphotography.com

David Hofman