Blair's 16 Million Reserve - The Hottest Sauce in the World?

DonRocks

It's just capsaicin extract. This is like slapping a label on a bottle of 100% ethanol saying "World's Strongest Vodka". And just about as useful.

This stuff is going for $100s of dollars per bottle!

I never knew hot sauces were collectible items.

Pretty amazing, in the article the guy puts *one tiny crystal* in an entire pot of soup, and it's too hot to eat. One could play a pretty nasty prank with this.

This stuff is going for $100s of dollars per bottle!

I never knew hot sauces were collectible items.

Pretty amazing, in the article the guy puts *one tiny crystal* in an entire pot of soup, and it's too hot to eat. One could play a pretty nasty prank with this.

Correction: You could put somebody in the hospital with this stuff. At this strength you're basically playing with chemical burns.

I don't understand the hot sauce collectible market either, but I guess people routinely pay more money for even dumber stuff. Price seems directly correlated to Scoville strength, label references to extreme pain and/or death, and tasteless references to how much you are going to rue your choice the following day ;)

If you are heading down to the Delaware shore stop by Peppers on the Rehoboth outlet strip. It really is an astounding selection of hot sauces, these extreme limited editions included. Before they became widely available I used to get my obscure Cholula and Tabasco flavors there.