Peter's Inn, Fells Point - Chef-Owner Karin Tiffany's Modern American on South Ann Street

Couldn't find a thread so here goes, peters inn is located on the corner of eastern and Ann street, they have a weekly changing menu and are closed Sunday and Monday, bummer for chefs. This week on the menu stands out whats sold as onion soup with short rib and gruyere toast, what you got on the other hand was a massive perfectly(seriously money)braised short rib sitting on a pile of caramelized onions with two gruyere crostini and a strained out onion soup in a little jug next to it. Coulda been and entree and was 15.50. I freaking love Baltimore, it was just an honest plate of food, oh and the house salad with garlic bread is always fantastic. The desserts don't always shine, I had a broken pot de Creme once. But over the years place has stayed consistent and delicious. Seriously, professional grade braised short rib to be had. At a steal.

• Like 1

This name (with a question mark) was the last thing I ever heard from one of my co-starlets back in the day - the director let me go on the spot. :( The irony is that I was actually performing under the name Peter Zin at the time; it was extremely hurtful when that jerk director yelled, for all to hear, "Peter's Out!"

Whatever, asshole. I started a successful food website, and where are *you* now?

Went yesterday for the first time. They have several outdoor tables that get snagged pretty quickly. They open the bar at 5PM and have a 'Kitchen is Open' sign that lights up at 6:30PM and people at the bar then basically start seating themselves. Fun. There are maybe 30 table seats inside from what I could see and maybe 10 to 12 bar seats. Good cocktails served in a non nonsense fashion and decent. Had and Old Fashioned which was a hoot. Lots of funky art on the walls and a good vibe. It does get loud in the main room with the bar, the back room is a bit quieter. Parking a block away has a pay zone system in force Monday through Saturday until 8PM every night at two bucks an hour.

Had some of their garlic bread, which was great, and had a smidge of heat to it, which was quite pleasing.  Their chicken liver pate was quite good, but processed a bit too thin IMHO, but still delicious and the accoutrements were great, the mustardy tiny onion loops a standout. the foie gras with a prune and goat cheese ravioli was decent but a slightly odd pairing, but it worked. Then a single lamb chop with cherry bordelaise sauce (the sauce was worth the entire meal alone - extremely good).

Mains came out with seared scallops with lobster vanilla buerre blanc on a bed of glorious caviar lookalike lentils and carrots. The nibble I got was great. Then a perfectly cooked rockfish filet with panzanella salad and caper beurre blanc (the rockfish was exceptional - and again - the sauce!). Also indulged in a large ribeye with butter and very nice and fresh veg accompaniments. Shared a really nice chocolate pot de creme to finish it up. Washed everything down in the meal with corkage friendly pricing and a 2011 Peay Chardonnay and a 2004 Match cabernet sauvignon - both were singing but the Match in particular. Their coffee, by the way, is done french press style and was quite, quite good.

I'll definitely be back. I think, all in the three of us dined for a smidge over $200 for all of this.

Oh and FWIW, they do take credit cards but only MC and Visa, no AMEX. They never answer the phone, and do not take reservations. If you go early you will not have a problem getting a table, but if you are later, the bar rotates out pretty quickly.

http://www.petersinn.com/

post-384-0-37687300-1406402060_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-92725000-1406402074_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-33244700-1406402084_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-32561800-1406402097_thumb.jpg

I remember reading this place had a fire in December last year and has been closed ever since. There was an article in March that it was taking longer than expected to reopen. Further, according to their GoFundMe page, they needed key uninsured costs covered if they were going to reopen. A quick look at that indicated they reached their goal, and their goal is to re-open by the end of August.

I hope they do re-open. My one meal there was memorable and my wife and I were just talking about them tonight with a thought to go back again soon.

They have reopened.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:59 PM, Pool Boy said:

I remember reading this place had a fire in December last year and has been closed ever since. There was an article in March that it was taking longer than expected to reopen. Further, according to their GoFundMe page, they needed key uninsured costs covered if they were going to reopen. A quick look at that indicated they reached their goal, and their goal is to re-open by the end of August.

I hope they do re-open. My one meal there was memorable and my wife and I were just talking about them tonight with a thought to go back again soon.

• Like 1