Nepalese Cuisine

I was in Springfield Plaza to have lunch at Pho Hong Anh and pick up some Springfield Butcher provisions when I noticed the sign, already up, announcing MoMo Nepalese Food "Opening Soon"....

A quick search indicates that this is not a chain, and that "momo" is a dumpling. I don't know of any other strictly Nepalese restaurants in our area, but I recall in the '80s a Himalayan restuarant in the Adams Morgan area that had some pretty decent stewed goat dishes. I'm looking forward to visiting a new country, in a figurative culinary sense, in Springfield.

Himalayan Heritage isn't "strictly" Nepalese, but it's got a pretty good representation. I'll be surprised if MoMo doesn't throw in some Northeastern Indian dishes also.

• Like 1

I was in Springfield Plaza to have lunch at Pho Hong Anh and pick up some Springfield Butcher provisions when I noticed the sign, already up, announcing MoMo Nepalese Food "Opening Soon"....

A quick search indicates that this is not a chain, and that "momo" is a dumpling. I don't know of any other strictly Nepalese restaurants in our area, but I recall in the '80s a Himalayan restuarant in the Adams Morgan area that had some pretty decent stewed goat dishes. I'm looking forward to visiting a new country, in a figurative culinary sense, in Springfield.

Mad MoMos in Mt. Pleasant?