Down Home Diner, Jack McDavid's Dirt Cheap Food Counter in Reading Terminal Market

Had breakfast at the Down Home Diner in Reading Terminal Market on Sat. There are a few booths and several counter stools. I have to say, I'm glad that the Dutch Eating Place was closed, otherwise, I wouldn't have tried this little gem.

I ordered a plate of scrapple, 2 poached eggs and hash browns, that came with 2 hearty slices of homemade rye bread and homemade strawberry jam ($4.99 (I know, ridiculous!))

Mr. MV ordered 2 eggs over easy, corned beef hash (excellent) and cooked apples, which also came with 2 slices of rye ($6.99).
The coffee was good, as was the service.

Had breakfast at the Down Home Diner in Reading Terminal Market on Sat. There are a few booths and several counter stools. I have to say, I'm glad that the Dutch Eating Place was closed, otherwise, I wouldn't have tried this little gem.

I ordered a plate of scrapple, 2 poached eggs and hash browns, that came with 2 hearty slices of homemade rye bread and homemade strawberry jam ($4.99 (I know, ridiculous!))

Mr. MV ordered 2 eggs over easy, corned beef hash (excellent) and cooked apples, which also came with 2 slices of rye ($6.99).

The coffee was good, as was the service.

Mmmm scrapple, poached eggs and hashbrowns all sound so good right now for some reason! Will have to remember for next time I am up there. It is so hard not just to nibble around.