The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. - Speakeasy at S. 18th and Sansom Street, Rittenhouse Square

Go see Phoebe Esmon at Catahoula, Christian Gaal at Noble, and the whole gang at the Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company. Bear in mind, the bar at the Franklin only seats 4, so if you want to watch the show, you'd best arrive early and/or be flexible.

Thanks! Had a lovely set of drinks at Franklin Mortgage. I would have had more but they didn't have much food available. Very nice set up.

I had good cocktails at the Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. near Rittenhouse Square. Craft cocktails, you know, that type of place.

It's on a lower level and is a long narrow room with tables and a small number of bar seats at the end of the room. Don't plan to eat a meal there. They have very limited food. I wasn't offered a food menu, but I overheard the bartender tell a customer they had almonds (I think) and maybe something else snacky.

[These paragraphs were copied from The Mother Thread as part of larger posts.

Use the Snapback Function (the little icon at the top-right of each entry) to view each post in its entirety.]

Franklin Mortgage and Investment - Enjoyed it a great deal. Great drinks, cool space.

After dinner we headed to Franklin Mortgage for a cocktail. We had a short 5 minute or so wait before being led upstairs to a dark, cozy booth. Definitely worth a stop with an interesting cocktail list. Most of us were drinking bourbon cocktails at that point and while all were good, I have to say that the Manhattan was probably the best drink at our table with the Pickleback Mountain close behind.

Phillymag.com has printed the Winter 2013 Cocktail Menu of Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. - the first under the jurisdiction of new Bar Manager Mike Treffehn.

According to Jason Sheehan of Phillymag.com, Treffehn collaborated with previous Bar Manager Al Sotack to make sure the new menu is in keeping with the spirit (no pun intended, I swear) of the bar.