Eating in Wegmans - A New York-Based Chain with Numerous Eat-In Options

The Wegman's in Fairfax has really expanded it's eat-in, hot bar sections and is really packing in a huge amount of stuff in a small space. Matt and I always eat here before grocery shopping, at one of the bars or just from the hot bar items. Matt likes to get all sorts of Chinese food, since it isn't one of my favorite cuisines and we don't eat it all that often. I really vary, sometimes I get Indian food, sushi, whatever happens to look good. I like the number of veggie items they have. I really like the fish bar and do that when it isn't packed.

They recently added a number of big soft pretzels to their bakery items and we tried a regular with salt that was quite good. I have to give it to them, for what it is, they do a good job of it. And it is horribly convenient.

I sampled some selections from the Dim Sum bar on Sunday (Fairfax store). It was pretty good. I think I had about 6-7 pieces - a few different shumai (chicken, shrimp & pork?), a couple of dumplings, and a steamed BBQ pork bun for around $5. I was a happy camper.