Mark-Furstenberg-led Tour of Breadline

DonRocks

I've been talking with Mark Furstenberg about giving a tour of Breadline - the facilities, the equipment, and going over the process of how his bread is made. The best times to do this would probably be when they're closed, on a late Saturday or Sunday morning, and then everyone could caravan somewhere else and have brunch.

I suggested to him that people could donate a nominal amount ($5, $10, whatever) to one of his favored charities (perhaps NPR), rather than paying him, and he's happy to do this.

Is there interest? It seems to me like there would be, but I thought I'd float it for general discussion.

Cheers

Rocks

We're already up to a number where it will be tough to find a brunch place for all of us.

"Dear Tom - luuuurve your chats! Their fabUUUlus! Anyways, a group of us - like, probably 80-100 - are looking for a downtown spot for an impromptu brunch. Has to be walking/Metro distance from Breadline, feature seasonal and regional ingredients, and under ten bucks pp. Any help?"

"Dear Tom - luuuurve your chats!  Their fabUUUlus!  Anyways, a group of us - like, probably 80-100 - are looking for a downtown spot for an impromptu brunch.  Has to be walking/Metro distance from Breadline, feature seasonal and regional ingredients, and under ten bucks pp.  Any help?"

You forgot to add that there will be some vegetarians and some that only eat meat. :lol:

Too bad Furstenburg will likely not be able to make it after all, as he is scheduled to make up a foursome that morning at Burning Tree with Mssrs. Wabeck, Power and Pangaud. You may be assured that a well-trained underling will, however, conduct the tour almost as well as he would have in person. Attendees may bring their own cake and/or breast milk, provided it be served at room temperature. No Segways or Russian chicks, please.