TMB - The Linked-In Argos Set Sail in America's Smallest County

cheezepowder

Hi, thought I'd start a TMB for Arlington to see if others are interested.

I don't live in South Alexandria, but feel free to introduce me to anyone who lives near me.  I have met some other Arlingtonians at some events we have had.

I'm assuming from ktmoomau's message that she lives in Arlington too. :rolleyes:

I agree, TNT/Eamonn's is a great idea!   Let's start planning a date for the first TMB-Arlington gathering (plus non-Arlingtonians like thistle are always welcome)!

I actually wouldn't be able to make it this Tues or Wed, 10/29 or 10/30, but if it's another day, I'm definitely in!

I agree, TNT/Eamonn's is a great idea!   Let's start planning a date for the first TMB-Arlington gathering (plus non-Arlingtonians like thistle are always welcome)!

I actually wouldn't be able to make it this Tues or Wed, 10/29 or 10/30, but if it's another day, I'm definitely in!

How about not this coming Tuesday, but next I could do that?

And yet we never meet up for drinks.... we gotta do that!

Heck, I've been out in Arlington just about every night this week! (Though Tuesdays I'm usually back early because it's Borderlands 2 night.)

Speaking of Tuesdays, I won't be around Tuesday after next since I'll be in NYC.

Cool, but if you keep single-spacing after quoted text, you can't come. :P

Yay we have a plan - this Monday at Eamonns/TNT it is!

What time is good for everyone?  The earliest I can get there is between 5 and 5:30pm depending on traffic.

RWBooneJR, thistle, Nervous Eater, Don, and anyone else:   interested in joining us?

I can probably be there at like 6 p.m. ish.  (This is not single spaced.  But look at all that nice, orderly space up above this font, it just feels right.  So pretty.  There is an allure to all that luxurious space.)

Yay we have a plan - this Monday at Eamonns/TNT it is!

What time is good for everyone?  The earliest I can get there is between 5 and 5:30pm depending on traffic.

RWBooneJR, thistle, Nervous Eater, Don, and anyone else:   interested in joining us?

Oh, it would be a 3,000-mile commute for me. :(

thistle and Don - hope you can join us next time!

How about 6pm ish then for tomorrow.  My suggestion is to get a table in the TNT side to have the option for both cocktails and food (unless they've changed it, you can't order cocktails on the Eamonn's side or bring the cocktails into that area, but you can order all the food in the TNT side).

• Like 1

It's about 1.7 miles from Ballston according to Google, so I'm just going to walk down there leaving here around 5:25 or so. I'll see y'all there! (If I don't, I'll be the guy quietly sobbing in the corner about being stood up again.) Or I'll try to get a table - there's 4 of us right now?

Ok, I am out on vacation this coming week and I am sure people have holiday plans, but what about the two weeks following?  Would people be interested in a meet-up hh or dinner at: Eventide (Odd Bar), Water and Wall or Fireworks?  I have a board meeting on Monday July 7, so that night is out for me, but pretty free other than that.  If so, let me know which ones you would go to and what nights would work for you.  Non-Argos are allowed and encouraged, you don't even have to wear flip flops.  

Ok, I am out on vacation this coming week and I am sure people have holiday plans, but what about the two weeks following?  Would people be interested in a meet-up hh or dinner at: Eventide (Odd Bar), Water and Wall or Fireworks?  I have a board meeting on Monday July 7, so that night is out for me, but pretty free other than that.  If so, let me know which ones you would go to and what nights would work for you.  Non-Argos are allowed and encouraged, you don't even have to wear flip flops.  

I'm up for something.  That week, I'm only free on Tuesday, July 8 though.  (I'm pretty free the week after that).

I had a late lunch at Fireworks and saw the bartender I think is great.  I think I've referenced her before, Gina.

She is naturally incredibly hospitable, and I've seen her in action with customers....she is very knowledgeable about their menu, wines and beers. (I'm ignorant in these areas but I watched her work w/ customers--she is good) I  asked her when she works, relative to a HH (if its there).

She works Monday and Tuesday lunches and rolls into HH , which starts at 3:00 PM.  If the bar is busy she stays through the end.  She also works Friday and Saturday evenings.  (clearly Fridays are busy HH nights).  No HH on Saturdays.  (Fireworks must know she is good, b/c smart places give their best shifts to their best bartenders)   Fireworks also has a Sunday HH from 11:00 to 5:00 PM.

I couldn't believe she remembered my name.  I probably haven't seen her in 6 months or longer...and have only seen her sporadically over 2 years or so.  I deffo believe she is one of those FOH people that really enhance your visit.    (not trying to sell Fireworks as a destination...but I do think she is excellent).

I agree, Gina is great!  (I also like the other bartenders at Fireworks, plus I've gotten over how they all give me the check each time I order something.)

I agree.  I think the bartenders there are excellent and strong.  Most of the time I work around the corner.  I didn't go much for a variety of reasons, chiefly I hung at Toscana's "all the time" when Joe was there.....and I really didn't like their pizza originally.   I think their pizza is better and the Cheers like guy who pretty much represented Sam, Coach, and Woody all in one....is gone.  So I go to Fireworks.  I actually don't drink much.  I know their beer and wine menus and choices are vast.  I assume they are excellent...but others would know more than me on those topics.

I have found "all" their bartenders to be excellent though.  They are friendly.  So far they all display good product knowledge.  Good for them.  They are well trained and they work at it.  Fireworks has an awesome and huge menu of beer and wine.   I've now seen them at some busy times.  They are efficient.

I still think Gina is over the top.  She exudes "hospitality".   But from what I've seen there are a lot of good bartenders there.   Good for them.  Good for the place, good for the training, especially good for the staff....and if they truly are good....that is good for the customers.

Well let's go to Fireworks for our first one, then set up a time for another.  How about not this Monday, but next??? Monday July 14??? Can anyone make that date?

I can make it and will commit.....(and I don't even like attending my own events     ;)    )

Ok, so slight problem.  I have another meeting now that I can't get out of on Monday.  Could you guys do Tuesday instead????  I am totally fine doing this with 3 people, but if anyone else wants to join they can feel free to just stop in!