Dead Rabbit, Grocery and Grog - GM Sean Muldoon and Bartender Jack McGarry's Bottom Floor Tap Room and Top Floor Parlor in the Financial District

On 1/29/2013 at 10:03 AM, weinoo said:

And we've now got 2 more places to try; Milk & Honey's new Flatiron incarnation and Dead Rabbit, in the financial district (unfortunately having some problems opening, due to lingering effects of Sandy on the area).

On 8/29/2013 at 5:34 PM, cheezepowder said:

I've been to Pouring Ribbons and Dead Rabbit in the last month and give a thumbs up for both of them.  They have different vibes - Pouring Ribbons is larger and brighter with a more modern feel and more modern cocktails.  Dead Rabbit specializes in historic cocktails, has dimmer lighting, and is a smaller space.  But I enjoyed my cocktails at both spots.

On 11/13/2013 at 4:20 PM, JLK said:

Dead Rabbit is an experience. I loved it (then again, I wasn't paying).   :)

I went to Dead Rabbit for the first time last night. The cocktails were quite good. We got there in time for the $1 oyster special (5-7 M-F upstairs, IIRC) and while they were good, they were rather poorly shucked.

Downstairs, it was hectic but kind of fun.

I'm surprised that with all of the awards and accolades that Sean, Jack & Co. have racked up, there hasn't been more conversation about Dead Rabbit.

We went last month while I was in town for a conference. They recently added a full Irish Breakfast to the menu:

14671135_10154571352745675_5367049479950976090_n.jpg

It was a great start to the final day of our short NYC trip. Later on that day we visited their new Cuban-themed sister bar in Battery Park called BlackTail. We absolutely LOVED our experience, and to be quite honest I like it better than the Dead Rabbit. It seemed they took what they learned creating Dead Rabbit and newly Michelin-starred GreenRiver and expanded on it.

14671115_10154572489985675_2633136511780662953_n.jpg

• Like 2