Blackthorne Inn, Tavern, Restaurant, and B&B West of Upperville on Route 50 - Closed

On 8/30/2007 at 6:38 PM, ScotteeM said:

My beloved wants to take a drive out to Middleburg this Saturday, and stop for lunch in the town. I've been to the Red Fox Inn, but about 2 years ago for dinner. And 15 years ago I had lunch at the Coach Stop. OK, so I don't get out that way much. Has anyone been there recently, and what did you like or dislike out there?

Blackthorne Inn (about 2 miles west of Upperville on Rt 50) is a great place. Larger bar/pub than the Hunters Head but still quaint. Irish Nachos.....

On 11/4/2012 at 8:37 AM, OD44 said:

Old thread I know but I wanted to add a shout out to the new Fox's Den Tavern in Middleburg. Reopened last year ((was Hidden Horse) and it is a lovely place, probably my new fave in Middleburg. Food is well done without being really imaginative. Always satisfying flavors, lovely friendly atmosphere, attentive wait staff and moderately priced compared to other Middleburg establishments. For a true experience there is Ashby Inn but when money is tight and I want a wonderful night out, this is the place.

Also consider the incredibly atmospheric Blackthorne Inn in Upperville. We have not eaten there-only a drink. But the rooms have a great deal of character as well as age. Fantastic pub!

On 11/4/2012 at 9:49 AM, Joe H said:

Also consider the incredibly atmospheric Blackthorne Inn in Upperville. We have not eaten there-only a drink. But the rooms have a great deal of character as well as age. Fantastic pub!

I often stay at the Blackthorne with my GF and we love the food as well. We can always be found on the 1 leather couch facing the bar and tv whilst enjoying the fire, bloody marys and watching the peeps. They will place a wooden board across the stone railing that the couch sits so you can place your food and drink there.....Its extremely easy to just sink into the couch and go to sleep......So say hi or wake me up next time youre there <_< .....just know that the couch has dibs already haha

And I will be at the Red Horse today enjoying the weather and a great Cuban Sandwich....then will pick up my BBQ Gold at the Pit Stop to eat later tonight :D