TasteDC's First Unique Food and Unusual Wine Festival- Oct. 25, 2006

cheezepowder

I received an email with a description of this event by TasteDC, and I thought the concept and menu sound very interesting. It says, "This chef-driven event is designed to showcase food items not normally put on restaurant menus." Full description here. (What are calf fries?) Some people here probably would have no qualms about trying everything on the menu, though I can't say I'm one of them. :)

EDITED TO ADD: Whoops, I just realized I mis-titled this thread. Sorry about that -- the name of the event is actually called "Unique and Unusual Food and Wine Festival". I don't think I can edit my thread title...

I received an email with a description of this event by TasteDC, and I thought the concept and menu sound very interesting. It says, "This chef-driven event is designed to showcase food items not normally put on restaurant menus." Full description here. (What are calf fries?) Some people here probably would have no qualms about trying everything on the menu, though I can't say I'm one of them. :)

Calf fries = rocky mountain oyster

Others here have had duck fries. :)

I'm already (tenatively) signed up. The menu sounded great and a bit adventurous (nothing really too strange though).

I'm already (tenatively) signed up. The menu sounded great and a bit adventurous (nothing really too strange though).

Two courses from veal head (man, just last night I rewatched the first episode of After Hours, where Boulud shows Ripert his recipe for tĂȘte de veau)

Two courses of 'nads.

Three courses of pseudo-chicken.

As Slim Pickens' character says in Dr. Strangelove, "shoooot, a fella could have a pretty good time in Vegas with all this stuff."

Two courses from veal head (man, just last night I rewatched the first episode of After Hours, where Boulud shows Ripert his recipe for tĂȘte de veau)

Two courses of 'nads.

Three courses of pseudo-chicken.

As Slim Pickens' character says in Dr. Strangelove, "shoooot, a fella could have a pretty good time in Vegas with all this stuff."

Like I said, nothing too esoteric :) . Not one course of dog or monkey brain or wombat. Hell, I got most of that stuff in the pantry :)

:) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mrs. B @ Sep 7 2006, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

From where does one get squash blossoms in late October? Are they shipped in?

I saw them at a tiny farmer's market in G'town yesterday-- Rose Park? Is that right?

but that was 9/6 and the dinner is 10/25 or thereabouts. Pumpkin soup is more in order I would think.