Paladar Latin Kitchen - A Cleveland-Based Pan-Latino Chain in Several Area Locations

Hard to believe, but their is a new restaurant in Tyson's, next to BJ's and Neisha Thai (in ythe old Bertrutti's space)

Paladar Latin Kitchen

Claudia and I were looking for a quick meal on Saturday night and decided to give it a whirl. While the remodel was nice, this has all the indications of a chain. That being said, we had a couple of seats at the bar and ordered a few mojitos and a few of their latin street foods. The mojitos were pretty good, lots of fresh mint and lime. The first item to arrive was a wonderful bowl of guac with some house made chips. Really nicely done, fresh, good sized portion and at $5 bucks a bargain to boot. We then when on to a couple of braised beef tacos, another winner, nicely dressed and the beef was fantastic. The trio of salsas was "ok" nothing really special, and the seafood ceviche was ok as well. The service was very good and friendly.

Decent for Happy hour, we will return to try a few more items.

I hadn't realized they opened a Tyson's location, thanks for the news!

While the remodel was nice, this has all the indications of a chain.

Seems to be a rapid expansion in the area.  The Rockville location opened last year, and their website says a Gaithersburg location is having a grand opening on Sept. 19, 2014.  (Plus various other locations are listed on their website).

I ate at Paladar in Cleveland a few years ago and really enjoyed the food.  When the Rockville location opened I went for lunch, and was put off by the decor (felt "old" and it had just opened) and the salad with shrimp that I had was just okay.

I recently ordered lunch for my office and everyone raved about the salads (Caribbean mango, kale and roasted sweet potato), guacamole, tacos, and sweet potato donuts.Everything was fresh and lots of flavor.

I think this will become a regular spot for office take-out lunches.  I'm sure I will give the restaurant a sit-down try again at some point.

Paladar is OK, not worth going out of your way for. I eat at the Rockville location if someone else is paying (we had our corporate Xmas party there last year).The best thing that I have had there are the duck tacos.