Wild Country Seafood, Owner Pat Mahoney's Take-Out Only Seafood Restaurant in Annapolis

I was curious about Wild Country Seafood after it was written up in the Washingtonian Kliman Chat.  When I looked on the map it appeared to be at the Maritime Museum there by the Eastport Yacht Club.  There used to be a restaurant attached to the museum that was a great place to get a crabcake.  I believe it was taken out by Isabelle.  So I wondered if something similar had reopened.  It isn't at the museum, but it is very close.  I will warn you I wouldn't want to drive a big car down Second Street in Eastport and the parking situation is pretty much, "be creative." But it was definitely an interesting place.  The crabcakes didn't use lump crabmeat, but they were good- they probably sell the lump as you can sell it for more money.  This doesn't really offend me, but I will say there are other places in Annapolis you can get a better crabcake.  It was a perfectly acceptable and good crabcake, but I have had better.  The fries were from a bag seasoned fries, but again good and perfectly acceptable- now if they had homemade MD boardwalk fries this place would be killer.  Platters also came with slaw that was very tangy, but I like a tangy slaw.  I was in the mood for a crabcake so Mom and I split a platter and got an extra slaw.  This was the perfect amount of food for us. They also sold live and steamed crabs.  Outside there were about 5 picnic tables with umbrellas.  This was a very popular spot on Saturday and it was a bit slow only because of the sheer numbers.  Mom and I managed to get seats indoors and the little countertop.  Inside only has two counters, I think you could fit 5-6 people there max.  But I would put this on the list as another spot in Annapolis to get crabs to take out or to eat there (when it is nice).  They also had some very fresh fish and shellfish you could purchase there.  It isn't a huge menu, but everything coming out of the kitchen looked good.  I would go back and try some other things.  If you are looking for crabs in Annapolis add this place to your list.  They also seem to do a lot of catering for groups and parties, which is worth noting.

http://www.wildcountryseafood.com/

I was curious about Wild Country Seafood after it was written up in the Washingtonian Kliman Chat.  When I looked on the map it appeared to be at the Maritime Museum there by the Eastport Yacht Club.  There used to be a restaurant attached to the museum that was a great place to get a crabcake.  I believe it was taken out by Isabelle.  So I wondered if something similar had reopened.  It isn't at the museum, but it is very close.  I will warn you I wouldn't want to drive a big car down Second Street in Eastport and the parking situation is pretty much, "be creative." But it was definitely an interesting place.  The crabcakes didn't use lump crabmeat, but they were good- they probably sell the lump as you can sell it for more money.  This doesn't really offend me, but I will say there are other places in Annapolis you can get a better crabcake.  It was a perfectly acceptable and good crabcake, but I have had better.  The fries were from a bag seasoned fries, but again good and perfectly acceptable- now if they had homemade MD boardwalk fries this place would be killer.  Platters also came with slaw that was very tangy, but I like a tangy slaw.  I was in the mood for a crabcake so Mom and I split a platter and got an extra slaw.  This was the perfect amount of food for us. They also sold live and steamed crabs.  Outside there were about 5 picnic tables with umbrellas.  This was a very popular spot on Saturday and it was a bit slow only because of the sheer numbers.  Mom and I managed to get seats indoors and the little countertop.  Inside only has two counters, I think you could fit 5-6 people there max.  But I would put this on the list as another spot in Annapolis to get crabs to take out or to eat there (when it is nice).  They also had some very fresh fish and shellfish you could purchase there.  It isn't a huge menu, but everything coming out of the kitchen looked good.  I would go back and try some other things.  If you are looking for crabs in Annapolis add this place to your list.  They also seem to do a lot of catering for groups and parties, which is worth noting.

http://www.wildcountryseafood.com/

Thank you, Katelin, for writing about this apparent gem. Caught fresh, cooked, and deposited onto your plate - what more could you ask for? Looks like Todd, one one of his truffle-hunting excursions, finally sniffed one out!

• Like 1

I visit here about once a month as the boat club I sail from is one block away.  Crab Cakes are always good whether you eat there or take and cook at home.  Very nice with a chilled bottle of wine after a day on the bay.  And since the tables are outside I do not have to worry much about appearance. 

• Like 1