Kavanagh's Pizza Pub, In the Former Faccia Luna Space on Wisconsin Avenue in Glover Park - Closed

I walked by Kavanaugh a few weeks ago on a Sunday and saw a sign out for "Bluegrass Brunch". Not sure what this entails, but it certainly sounds interesting. Anybody been to the brunch, or in general have thumbs up/down? I googled and searched on dr.com and didn't get many hits at all (am I misspelling it?).

I think the pizza's OK but -- having eaten there a couple of times (my kids like it) -- I have no burning urge to return. But, if you like bluegrass, the pizza has a little credibility and brunch could be fun. More fun than watching the Redskins, at any rate.

Kavanaugh's used to be Faccia Luna, and when they split off (a fire caused them to close temporarily and they reopened under a different name...this was in early 2005, I think), Kavanaugh's kept the same menu and similar recipes. Although we haven't been there in about a year, the pizza is pretty good, and the pastas are pretty standard. If you like Faccia Luna, then you'll like Kavanaugh's.

If I recall, they have good specials on Tuesday.

I googled and searched on dr.com and didn't get many hits at all (am I misspelling it?).

I was misspelling it. It's Kavanagh's (no 'u') Pizza Pub. The aforementioned Bluegrass Brunch is played by between 3-5 members of Bob Perilla & the Big Hillbilly Bluegrass Band, the same band that does bluegrass night (Wednesday) at Madam's Organ. The food isn't bad, but it isn't very good. The bluegrass is fun, but decidedly less lively and more sparsely attended than a typical wednesday at Madam's Organ.

PS can somebody change the spelling in the thread title? I think it's funny that this is one of the first google hits for "Kavanaugh Pizza" even though the official website has the following at the bottom: "And remember, it's spelled Kavanagh's, not Kavanaugh's!". Thanks, website. Thanks.

Kavanaugh's used to be Faccia Luna, and when they split off (a fire caused them to close temporarily and they reopened under a different name...this was in early 2005, I think), Kavanaugh's kept the same menu and similar recipes. Although we haven't been there in about a year, the pizza is pretty good, and the pastas are pretty standard. If you like Faccia Luna, then you'll like Kavanaugh's.

If I recall, they have good specials on Tuesday.

we went there a year or so ago and it seemed they had changed the recipe for the dough -- not for the better.

Kavanagh's Pizza Pub has closed and is now an Italian restaurant called Arcuri.

Years ago, Kavanagh's (which was previously a Faccia Luna) was pretty good - I enjoyed it, and may have even had it in (a borderline) Italic in the Dining Guide; on my final visit, perhaps two years ago, it had deteriorated so much that I lowered it to the very bottom of the Glover Park rankings - the pizza was horrible, the beers were lousy, and the restaurant was filthy. Here's hoping that Arcuri (which I'm assuming is under different ownership, and for which we have a separate thread) is an improvement, and from what I hear, it most certainly is.