Ok.  This place is part of our regular rotation.  Its nestled in a little strip mall near the nicest trailer park you'll ever see.

I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here.  I have also never had a great meal here either.  Everything I have had is in a solid 7 range.  The Carnitas, Barbacoa, and Stewed chicken are probably the best.  Put them in an enchilada, burrito or taco... it's kind of the same.

On Saturdays they have a Kid's eat for a buck promotion.... So I find myself here once a month.  Most of the time they have a woman in there that does balloon animals.  She is an artist.  Really some the most elaborate balloon animal creations you'll see at a Mexican restaurant at 7pm on a Saturday (or anywhere else). Hey... I have three kids.... these things are important.  With that said, they are doing a good job of playing to the Chantilly/SR demographics and tend to be full on a Saturday.

My favorite thing here is actually their breakfast burritos.  I like them better than Anitas (heresy!).  The difference between a breakfast burrito with chorizo here and at Anitas is that El Fresco actually puts chorizo in theirs.  If you are in the area, they are worth trying.  I always get the chorizo with red chile.

I was all set to try this place out when my SO reminded me that we get a delivery menu jammed in our door from them every week. The menu design has a glossy fast-food feel to it, so I wrote the joint off.

But then we got desperate Saturday night when we decided against pizza and Chinese food for delivery. So we gave El Fresco a whirl.

You know what? It's the best damn delivery food I've had since moving to Fairfax and it's a hell of a lot better than Anita's or even Chipotle. The carnitas enchiladas were a little on the mushy side from sitting around in the car, but it had a delicious red chili sauce and they didn't overdo it on the cheese. A barbacoa taco was outstanding. I liked the extra touch of lime in the guacamole too. Everything tasted fresh.

Thanks for the tip ulrath!

• Like 1

You know what? It's the best damn delivery food I've had since moving to Fairfax and it's a hell of a lot better than Anita's or even Chipotle. The carnitas enchiladas were a little on the mushy side from sitting around in the car, but it had a delicious red chili sauce and they didn't overdo it on the cheese. A barbacoa taco was outstanding. I liked the extra touch of lime in the guacamole too. Everything tasted fresh.

Thanks for the tip ulrath!

Breaking: DonRocks Shocked by Guac

I also went here a couple months ago thanks to ulrath's recommendation, and was shocked at how much I liked it. El Fresco does what it sets out to do very, very well, and the guacamole is as good as any I've found in the DC area. I have El Fresco ranked in Italic, and you might think you're in the wrong place when you walk into the restaurant.

And I'm typing this while enjoying Taco Bamba's Pozole Roja - PS I thought Pozole was a masculine noun, so why isn't it called Pozole Rojo? Is this some sort of "exception to the rule" thing, or is this some sort of "better cook than writer" thing?

Speaking of witch, does anyone remember Cookie Rojas? Why isn't he named Cookie Roja? I thought both plurality and gender were supposed to follow the nouns.

Putting the vulgar in Vulgar Latin,

(Tengo) Rocas.

Breaking: DonRocks Shocked by Guac

I also went here a couple months ago thanks to ulrath's recommendation, and was shocked at how much I liked it. El Fresco does what it sets out to do very, very well, and the guacamole is as good as any I've found in the DC area. I have El Fresco ranked in Italic, and you might think you're in the wrong place when you walk into the restaurant.

And I'm typing this while enjoying Taco Bamba's Pozole Roja - PS I thought Pozole was a masculine noun, so why isn't it called Pozole Rojo? Is this some sort of "exception to the rule" thing, or is this some sort of "better cook than writer" thing?

Speaking of witch, does anyone remember Cookie Rojas? Why isn't he named Cookie Roja? I thought both plurality and gender were supposed to follow the nouns.

Putting the vulgar in Vulgar Latin,

(Tengo) Rocas.

Need to finally try this place. We've had good luck at both Pho 98 and Cheng's Asian House in the same plaza. Not to mention Picante! across the street. As for Cookie Rojas, that's my nickname for my former colleague and chowhound extraordinaire, Warren Rojas.

Stopped in last week and noticed a sign that said they were opening in Centerville in June.  I asked about the location and was told it was near the Centerville Library.  I guess that means somewhere around all those shopping centers near the 29/28 intersection?

On June 7, 2016 at 10:30 AM, mcbriden said:

Stopped in last week and noticed a sign that said they were opening in Centerville in June.  I asked about the location and was told it was near the Centerville Library.  I guess that means somewhere around all those shopping centers near the 29/28 intersection?

It's open in Centreville. It's on the Lotte Market side of those shopping centers, in the corner next to Minnieland.

Glad to have it in the neighborhood.