1,150 Topics, 23+ Pages - All Current, Titled, Tagged, Indexed, Ranked in the Dining Guide Back To Jan 1, 2014

In my spare time (ha ha), I've been making a sequential sweep through this forum, and have now made it back to Jan 1, 2014 - over 23 pages and 1,160 posts, all current in their titles, tagging, indexing, and ranking in the Dining Guides.

23 pages down, 47 to go ... whew. We have several *thousand* restaurants covered in this forum.

• Like 2

It's a good nuts.

A while back, I went through and tried to figure out what was the oldest thread of a still open place. The goal was to go and update the thread.

I think it is Cafe Berlin. Or maybe that is the oldest that is anywhere in the realm of my getting to. And I quite liked it. In the 90s...

But I haven't gone. I should though. It isn't far from my office.

Honestly though, DR, the bottom 10 or so pages are the debris field of a Fukushima-styled restaurant closing wasteland.

I never, ever joke about restaurants closing ... *unless* they're on the last couple of pages - in that case, I do my very best (you'll notice some really bad puns on the restaurants' names). B)

So, who's up for reviewing Pistone's Italian Inn, or Allman's in Fredericksburg?

Dumpster Dive! LOL

I didn't mean to poke fun at the passing of so many former restaurants, but most of the ones at the bottom of the topics list are 6 to 10 years old since the last post, so from my perspective enough time has passed, hasn't it? The many ways you state the place is no longer with us is appropriate and often funny.

I didn't mean to poke fun at the passing of so many former restaurants, but most of the ones at the bottom of the topics list are 6 to 10 years old since the last post, so from my perspective enough time has passed, hasn't it? The many ways you state the place is no longer with us is appropriate and often funny.

They say that comedy = disaster + passage of time