Village Sweet, Dawn Hart's Bakery and Coffee Shop, Westover Village in North Arlington - No Tips Accepted!

I was in last weekend (got a cheddar chive scone for later - not bad) and there is space to sit and, yes, they have wifi (I asked).  The bathroom is really nice.  Good addition to the neighborhood.

When I looked through the window, I saw two small, round tables with two chairs each, and a metal bar on the side wall that didn't look like it was very wide - almost for standing next to; I didn't notice any chairs there. Where is the seating?

Toward the back there's a family style table.  It's kind of dark in there so I imagine it's hard to see much if you just look in but don't go in.

Oh, I've been in twice, and even tried to go this morning, but there was no parking. The parking situation at this shopping center is going to hurt them, just as the parking situation at Lee-Harrison Center is going to hurt their tenants - the opening of Peter Chang Cafe has made things go from "bad" to "terrible," and North Arlington has become a nightmare destination just to get a cup of coffee. Everything is becoming so crowded - I couldn't even get a space in front of Toby's today.

By the way, as good as the cookies are (and they are good), the scones are better still - try the blueberry. That said, a 16-ounce coffee costs $3.00 (refill $1.50), and a small wedge of quiche is $5.00, but I don't mind since they have WiFi and I'm happy to give them my support.

What about street parking in the neighborhood?  I don't think it's all restricted around there.  But it will be interesting once The Italian Store opens.

I'm so steamed about the parking at Lee-Harrison.  Today, after the Peter Chang lunch (organized here), I had to climb into my car from the passenger side IN A SKIRT.  The person who parked on the driver side parked so close to me that I couldn't get in my car.  I will not go there on a weekend, ever.  I hate that parking lot . . .

And I will try the blueberry - thanks.  But that's a pricey cup of joe.

What about street parking in the neighborhood?  I don't think it's all restricted around there.  But it will be interesting once The Italian Store opens.  

I've always had better luck on the other side of Washington Blvd. (I was something of a regular at Arax Cafe, and at Toby's (where they have pump-canisters of M.E. Swing's (which often aren't hot enough)), you get change from $2.00 paying for coffee (don't worry, Dawn, it's worth the extra dollar for WiFi)), but I've been foiled more than once, and it's going to be unthinkable once The Italian Store opens (note to Toby: The Italian Store will *help* your business, based on what I've observed in similar situations - everyone also please remember Toby is a member here).

Today is only about the second time I've completely given up trying to park at Westover - I ended up at Lee-Harrison Center where I also couldn't park - it took me fully thirty minutes to get a cup of coffee today. BTW, the Starbucks there has started offering hand pours. Swear. They just don't get it - it's the beans, stupid: I don't *want* flavor from your coffee beans.

• Like 1