Arsenal of Democracy Capitol Flyover - Vintage WW2 Aircraft In Formation Over The Mall May 8, 2015 Starting Just After 12 Noon

Tweaked

Starting at noon on Friday May 8,  The Arsenal of Democracy Capitol Flyer will be held to mark the 70th Anniversary of Victory in Europe Day.  Organizers expected dozens of vintage World War II aircraft to participate in the flyover of the National Mall.  Many of the aircraft will be on show at the Udvar-Hazy Center on Saturday May, 9.

Route

Formations

I read about this yesterday, and was fascinated by it; yet, don't want to fight traffic and parking (or Metro) to go downtown. I think FLMs (farts like me) will get something, albeit not as much, out of this mega-cool flyover if they position themselves near the Potomac River on the flight path near the American Legion Bridge (or slightly north, or slightly south). The formations probably won't be set up (and they certainly won't be executed), but you can probably get a pretty good view of the planes. However, some of the planes are leaving from Culpeper Airport (the others from Manassas), and I'm not sure if those will be heading south down the Potomac River flight path.