Thomas Gomez (1905-1971), an American Actor who was the First Hispanic-American to be Nominated for an Academy Award

DonRocks

The Twilight Zone - Season 1 

6. "Escape Clause" - Nov 6, 1959: post-2-0-08240000-1448245040_thumb.png <--- "You deed to me your so-called 'soul,' and in exchange, I give you immortality...."

Some people might recognize Thomas Gomez, né Sabino Tomas Gomez, because he has one of "those" unforgettable faces - never on display more prominently than in the "Twilight Zone" episode, "Escape Clause," in which he played The Devil himself, complete with a Sebastian Cabot-like chortle (recall Cabot's role as "Pip" in "A Nice Place To Visit"). However, Gomez was primarily in films, after getting his start in theater.

Although it's bittersweet that Gomez is perhaps most notable for being the first-ever Hispanic-American actor ever to be nominated for an Academy Award (for Best Supporting Actor in the 1947 film, "Ride the Pink Horse"), his talents should carry the day in the long run. In "Escape Clause," he's just about perfect in his role, and I'd love to learn more about him by watching his films - which extend over a period of decades.