Sfoglina, Pastaria by the Owners of Fiola, Now in Several Area Locations

Just announced. If my googling is correct this will be in the new mixed development/apartment building along Connecticut Ave currently underconstruction. And given the size, 2,800 sq ft plus 1,000 sq ft patio, that's the only location that would make sense. The developers are going big on this one!

Looks like it will be pasta focused with salads, antipasti, salumi, cheese, and meat/fish entrees.

Bread Furst on one side of the street and the Trabocchis on the other.

"Fabio and Maria Trabocchi are Opening a Van Ness Restaurant Devoted to Pasta" by Becky Krystal on washingtonpost.com

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bart said:

I hate restaurants with unpronounceable names.

Let me rephrase that..........I hate restaurant names that are unpronounceable

This point hits home...also related to a general unfamiliarity with certain languages and an inability to remember certain words.   Some years ago I learned to cook some Italian artichoke dishes.   Some of that is related to the associated thread

Artichokes = Carciofi in Italian.   For the life of me I could never recall carciofi as a word.  I finally stopped preparing the dish.  90% of the reason was because I couldn't recall or stumbled on the name.   Go figure  ;)   

• Like 1

Attended a media dinner last night, and was able to sample the majority of the menu. Space is gorgeous; knowing Maria, that's to be expected. Menu is very tight and concise, focused on traditional Italian small plates (divided between four $7 "nibbles" and four $14 "small plates"), pasta made daily in-house, and a few separate main courses (think short rib, braised sea bass, and roasted maitake mushrooms). Pasta menu has three traditional preparations ($22 each) and three "Seasonal" preparations ($25) that will rotate. There's also an option of putting together a three-pasta tasting for $60. Pastas were outstanding, as one might expect from a Fabio Trabocchi kitchen - highlight was definitely the Hand-Rolled Tagliatelle with three grams of umami-laden Alba white truffles shaved into the sauce; I also loved the old-school square white casserole dish in which the pasta was served...reminded me of my mom's Tuna Helper casseroles back in good ol' South Dakota. Wine list is very heavily focused on Italy, with a couple California bottles sprinkled into the super expensive bottle list. Overall, though, I was *very* pleasantly surprised at the affordability of the entire menu (including wines and cocktails). It's a mere two blocks from the Van Ness red line stop, so should be easily accessible for most, even though it's pretty deep NW. Like all the other Trabocchi restaurants, this one should kill.

Cheers!

• Like 4

..."Hand-Rolled Tagliatelle"...

I pity the tortured individual rolling out the dough with a rolling pin unless one of the hands is operating the crank of a commercial pasta rolling mechanism, the same hand that pulls down the lever on the French fry thingy at other restaurants.

They have “wild calamari”. I have never heard of any other kind. Must be some untamed squid or sounds better in Italian.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Poivrot Farci said:

I pity the tortured individual rolling out the dough with a rolling pin unless one of the hands is operating the crank of a commercial pasta rolling mechanism, the same hand that pulls down the lever on the French fry thingy at other restaurants.

They have “wild calamari”. I have never heard of any other kind. Must be some untamed squid or sounds better in Italian.

wild calamari. 

I shall use that reference for anything I find amusing in menu offerings.

• Like 1

Had happy hour and dinner here today. Quite delicious. Mrs. Trabocchi was very kind and the staff were hospitable and efficient. Happy hour specials were inexpensive and good, and the pasta dishes (tried the tonnarelli and agnolotti) were both excellent - very rich and flavorsome. Hopefully the new apartment building will attract further redevelopment of the Cleveland Park/Van Ness area.

I wanted to like this place so much more than I did.

My wife and I went here for dinner last weekend on a last-minute reservation. The place is very cute and homey -- a great "date night" type of spot.

The wine menu is small, but delivers what you need -- skews heavily Italian, of course. We ordered a couple glasses of wine - Ornellaia's third wine, Le Volte ($17) and Tolaini's Valdisanti ($19). A bit pricy -- both are around $20 bottles -- but nothing too bad.

We decided to sample as much as we could. We shared the buffalo milk mozzarella($7) and the spicy 'nduja salami($7) to start. The mozzarella was, surprisingly, only okay. I've had better at numerous places in DC -- this just wasn't particularly flavorful. The 'nduja, to contrast, was intensely flavored and delicious (it was served with streghe crackers).

The bread course is a bag of streghe crackers that lists the story of the crackers and their origin in Italy. I can't help but feel that this type of homey-style Italian place should have bread and olive oil, but the crackers are pretty good in any event.

I'm not sure why (although it had been a while since we finished our starters), our waiter brought out the beef agnolotti del plin as a complimentary dish. This turned out to be the best dish of the night. It was cooked perfectly and the pasta, parmigiano, black truffle, and beef all melded to make a very decadent umami and savory experience.

Our pastas arrived (we considered the white truffle pasta, but at 3 grams for $60, we decided to pass -- definitely on the steep side). I ordered the spaghetti chitarra($22) which was prepared "carbonara style" and delivered with a sunny-side-up egg on top. The pasta was cooked well. It had the savory richness you look for in a carbonara, but it had an overwhelming taste of smoke that dominated the dish. It was as if someone added a few drops of liquid smoke to our guanciale as it was cooking. My wife ordered the seasonal mushroom pasta($25) which unfortunately isn't on the website's menu. It came in a brownish sauce with round disc-style pasta. Again, the pasta was cooked well -- a consistency that is rarer than it should be. Her dish was great -- it was, like the other pastas, on the heavier side, which was a bit unexpected -- the description would lead you to think it's on the lighter side. The mushrooms were fantastic.

Despite being full, we elect to share the Nonna's lemon and hazelnut cake with whipped mascarpone($8). This, of all things, is an airy and light dessert. It was fantastic,a nd I'd be hard pressed not to order this again. The restaurant has Italian dessert wines (in addition to port and madeira) that we were not familiar with, so we shared a glass of Brachetto d'Acqui($8) and Passito di Pantelleria($16). It was interesting to try grapes and wines we weren't familiar with, but it sort of reinforced my belief that with Italian wine, one should stick to reds (the Brachetto was sort of like boozy strawberry soda and the Passito was a poor man's sauternes).

At the end of the day, I'm not sure this finds a spot in our regular rotation. Part of that is simply that it's not that convenient to get to compared to other places we like better. Another part is everything seems a bit too expensive. And honestly, as much as I hate to admit it, for this price, I'm 9 times out of 10 choosing RPM Italian.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, franch said:

The wine menu is small, but delivers what you need -- skews heavily Italian, of course. We ordered a couple glasses of wine - Ornellaia's third wine, Le Volte ($17) and Tolaini's Valdisanti ($19). A bit pricy -- both are around $20 bottles -- but nothing too bad.

This is crazy.  It's like they're* daring us to not order any drinks at all.  I know restaurants make a ton of money on alcohol, but this is approaching (actually surpassing) counter productive.  I could see someone (me) going for a 8 or 10 dollar glass of wine, but staying completely sober instead of dropping a twenty on one glass.

* Not just this place, but many places in the area

• Like 4

15 hours ago, franch said:

That sounds absurdly high to me. 3X markup on wholesale, I get.  But this is 2.5-3X on retail!

• Like 2

Had a terrific dinner the week between Christmas and New Year's. The rest of DC may have felt half empty but this place was buzzing. Highlights included all of the pastas (particularly the squid ink with perfectly cooked lobster and scallops), the grilled calamari and the branzino. Basically any pasta and any seafood will be reliably good. If they can keep the prices in check and the quality up, it should do well. On the quality point, Fabio was there overseeing everything that came out of the kitchen; it will be interesting to see whether there's an impact when his attention is diverted to the Waterfront or elsewhere. For those interested, in a more in-depth review with pictures, please check out my blog:   

"Sfoglina - a Real Mouthful in Van Ness" by Rick Chessen on rickeatsdc.com

• Like 3

Our first visit was a special occasion dinner (early Valentine's Day). We'll be sure to return for a taste of the regular/seasonal menu!

Highlights Saturday Feb. 11

Tuna carpaccio with steelhead roe. Bursts of the sea!

Potato gnocchi special, with pork belly, mushrooms (best dish of the night!)

Goat Cheese Scarpinocc Ravioli with pear

Branzino with sunchoke whip. Perfectly fresh and moist!

(Lamb chops were a bit ordinary. Needed something).

Tiramisu

Friendly and attentive service, warm setting. We were in the front, glass enclosed room closer to the street. Looked a little bit cozy in the main room near the bar where there was always a lot of foot traffic going by.

Fabio was there. You might want to go while he's getting the place underway and making a really good impression.

Just past the Calvert Woodley wine shop.

Overall a delicious (and rich) dinner at Sfoglina over the weekend. 

We started with cocktails and both hit the spot: The Van Ness Manhattan and the Sfoglina (vodka, elderflower shrub, prosecco), along with their bread and olive oil, nice bread and great fruity olive oil.

For apps we ordered the excellent grilled spicy calamari, lovely big rings of tender calamari and a couple of tentacle pieces, although the romesco wasn't particularly spicy.  It's described as a small plate, but it's a generous serving and perfect for a couple to split.  We also had the arugula and bibb salad, a little greenery before what we knew would be a rich meal.  It was a perfectly fine salad.

For pastas we went with the potato gnocchi with porcini crema and foraged mushrooms.  Just a wonderful plate of potato and mushrooms...super rich.  We also got the squid ink and paprika cannelloni curl, a curled tubed of pasta stuffed with baccala and topped with lobster meat, also quite excellent.

The dessert options weren't really singing to us so we went with the Italian soft serve chocolate gelato.   

With dinner we had a glass of the Tenuta Casali brut rose and Mastroberardino Falanghina, which were both decent but nothing special.  I wrapped things up with a glass of the Taylor Fladgate Tawny port.

What can you say, Sfoglina is supposed to be the Trabocchi's casual restaurant, but of course it's not.  Fabio's food is going to be rich.  And you know the meal is going to cost you, in this case $195 with tax and tip (although next time I think we would skip dessert and the port wasn't really necessary, but sometimes you want some port!).  At these prices, it won't be on our regular rotation, but I guess it's nice to have a special occasion restaurant within walking distance.  

I'd say my only critique is the actual menus suck, they are weird clip board things and you leaf through the pages like you're doing some sort of innovatory check list.  It's like the one thing they went cheap on!       

• Like 4

On 10/30/2017 at 12:01 PM, Tweaked said:

And you know the meal is going to cost you, in this case $195 with tax and tip (although next time I think we would skip dessert and the port wasn't really necessary, but sometimes you want some port!).  At these prices, it won't be on our regular rotation, but I guess it's nice to have a special occasion restaurant within walking distance.

But that can't be right; it's a Bib Gourmand!  :P  

• Like 2

Within the last few weeks (can't remember exact day), tried Sfoglina for the first time with my wife and 2 small kids. It was an ok experience. We live nearby and hoped it would be a nice addition to our rotation but sadly no. The room is lovely and the staff very friendly but the prices are higher than necessary and the service wasn't great.  I really appreciate they have a kids meal but $14 for a small plate of fresh pasta is way too high - especially when most kids menus are less than $10 (even at nicer places). One kid had spaghetti and the other had gnocchi - really nothing special for either - I've had as good from a box.  We had the tortellini pasta (very good, rich - possibly worth the price) and the spinach tornarelli (interesting and different but only ok).  The prosecco cocktails were fine but we had to ask several times for them and they arrived halfway through our entrees being completed (which is a while - unlike most - my kids are SLOW eaters). We also had to ask several time for our cauliflower side which was again good but nothing special. You can find equal or better pastas at more reasonable prices at other restaurants around town - we recently dined and enjoyed Dino's Grotto (it has always had excellent pasta since it was Dino's) and Al Volo in Adams Morgan (soon opening in Cleveland Park too :-))

The best part of the meal was surprisingly dessert. The cookies and milk desserts is excellent - rich and large enough for 2-3 people (or our whole family of 4) to share. The apple hazelnut cake was also very good and probably would have seemed better if it wasn't tried along with the cookies and milk. The chocolate dairy-free soft serve was good and very rich (like dark chocolate) due to the lack of dairy.

• Like 3

Scene from Restaurant Week: a prep cook in a side room at Sfoglina reviving a sorry looking box of greens, wilted leaf by wilted leaf, using a spray bottle.  

I can forgive many shortcuts during Restaurant Week, such as setting out nine pre-plated orders of salad on the pass, waiting for orders to come in, but clearing plates before everyone in the party has finished a course is poor form at any time.

Really enjoyed lunch today and think its a great location for business lunches. Appreciated the "Maria lunch" which is 3 courses. My  "date" who I did not know before lunch, had pasta but didn't eat all of the red sauce. It took all of my self-control (and a little germ phobia) to not sop it up with bread. Also, it's picturesque. 

Maria today featured a quinoa and arugula salad lightly dressed. Perfect. I followed it up with an arctic char. At first, I thought that the acid was too acidy (lemon) but as I ate, everything melded together nicely. I didn't have maria's dessert instead opting for their fruit of the day (plumbs with picturesque mini flower pedals and a little sugar, but I was told that, couldn't taste it. 

Stopped at the Calvert Woodly on the way back. Got some cheese, bread, chocolate and would have gotten wine but was too afraid I'd drop it on metro. 

Had a great dinner celebrating a birthday last Tuesday. There were 6 of us and we were seated in the pasta room- quiet and private . We had great service and really enjoyed the pastas- I had white truffle with mine! The soft polenta with mushroom appetizer and grilled calamari and octopus were highlights!

Happy to return!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marty L. said:

Any other recent experiences? Is one location better (foodwise) than the other now?  Any dishes that are must-orders or musts-to-avoid?

I've only been to Van Ness.  The tortellini was the best of the pastas I've had recently.  In general, I've found that the sauces / proteins are not treated with anywhere near the care and refinement you'd expect at Fiola or Fiola Mare: the lobster in the squid ink linguine was tough and overcooked, the lamb ragu over salty.  

Given what I expect the margins are on these pastas, I can see why they converted Casa Luca to another Sfoglina...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

I've only been to Van Ness.  The tortellini was the best of the pastas I've had recently.  In general, I've found that the sauces / proteins are not treated with anywhere near the care and refinement you'd expect at Fiola or Fiola Mare: the lobster in the squid ink linguine was tough and overcooked, the lamb ragu over salty.  

Given what I expect the margins are on these pastas, I can see why they converted Casa Luca to another Sfoglina...

This is certainly a theoretical problem with the expansion of Sfoglina - it doesn't take a lot of training to cook good pasta; it takes a *lot* of training and experience to consistently execute good sauces (the saucier is an *extremely* important component in a traditional restaurant brigade).

40 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

This is certainly a theoretical problem with the expansion of Sfoglina - it doesn't take a lot of training to cook good pasta; it takes a *lot* of training and experience to consistently execute good sauces (the saucier is an *extremely* important component in a traditional restaurant brigade).

Yes, this is a completely valid point, but I'd also say that I've observed these issues with the sauces from the earliest, pre-expansion days of Sfoglina.  Finesse in the sauces has never been there, even as the pastas themselves have often been excellent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yes, this is a completely valid point, but I'd also say that I've observed these issues with the sauces from the earliest, pre-expansion days of Sfoglina.  Finesse in the sauces has never been there, even as the pastas themselves have often been excellent.

Do you know how Sfoglina gets their sauces? They could be made at the individual locations (which doesn't seem to make much sense, especially if they have plans of further expansion), in a central location, or they could purchase them - the latter two options would almost certainly involve sous-vide reheating at the individual locations.

Not sure where I put my previous pasta class review, Don, if you want to move this, maybe their pasta classes should be their own thread in shopping and cooking?  I know I reviewed the color pasta class, but can't find that.  Anyway, I did the semolina pasta class, and I REALLY enjoyed this one.  I would highly recommend it.  I found it much easier to do than pasta you make to roll out with a pin.  This is something I could do on a weekend no big deal.  (And maybe if I use my stand mixer and roller machine, the other would be easier and I would do it more often, but that is another matter.)  I thought the shapes were explained well, with different sauces you might use for them.  You were taught a bunch of different shapes- troffe, orcchiette, macherroni, etc, etc.  It wasn't nearly as hard on my back and arms as the pin rolling.  There were less things people were passing around, and less steps that it seemed needed to be reviewed as thoroughly, so it seemed to go more smoothly.  They had the equipment, and there weren't as many people in this class so you had a little elbow room.  The tasting at the end had a nice orcchiette with broccoli rabe, parm, garlic, anchovy and a few pepper flakes.  I would recommend this class highly to people.  I also met a few people at the class who were foodies and trying to get into the egg pasta class (I told them they should join DR.com because I thought they would be a good fit, and also we may have a few spots in our class.)  I liked this a lot better than the colored pasta class and just feel I will use this knowledge a lot more often.   I like taking classes, because I am a SUPER visual learner, and I felt this really gave me useable skills I won't forget.

• Like 1

Being nosy I watched the buildout for Sfoglina in Rosslyn over time, and watched it closely as it approached opening.  Being extra nosy I spoke with some of the staff over the last two weeks before opening;  a significant number of staffers were present as the construction was finished and the staff added the final touches plus training on site and two nights of soft openings.  Its a lovely space.  Interestingly the Trabiocchi restaurants have a sizable level of corporate level staff doing a number of functions.  They are built to handle multiple sites.  That also means they carry a "heavy overhead" that you compensate for by opening multiple restaurants and having them do well.  Hence Del Mar, the Miami, and Italian restaurants plus Sfoglina Rosslyn all having been opened over the relatively recent past.  That is a lot of corporate work.  The fine touches at Sfoglina exemplify what a significant level of staffers can accomplish.

After being so nosy I couldn't help but stop by on opening night.  Over the years I have visited both Fiola's and Casa Luca a healthy number of times.  I have yet to visit Del Mar and this was my first visit to Sfoglina.  Casa Luca was one of my favorite restaurants in the region.  I visited while the menu was extensive and then in its final period when the menu shrank in anticipation of being converted to a Sfoglina.  The visit on opening night was spur of the moment.  I will return, though for some reason I was more struck by overhead and the feel of extensive costs, even as I never felt that concern at either Fiola or Casa Luca--even as they were more expensive, (for their time periods) then Sfoglina.   (Hmmm.  Go figure).

In any case the food is good.  The first visit was on my own and I opted to sit on the "outside bar" sitting in the lobby of the office building at 1100 Wilson Blvd.  I'll return and dine inside.  It is attractive and I'll get a better look all around from the inside.  I stopped by early...really early but it filled up rapidly both inside and outside. 

Sitting on my own I opted for the meatball app.  It reminded me of the meatballs from Casa Luca, which were a revelation for their taste and softness.  I asked if they were "the same" which was a stupid limited question.  I believe they were, but the Sfoglina version came in a sauce that was very strong and included a healthy portion of parmigiana.  Still the softness and tastiness of the meatballs were apparent if somewhat overwhelmed by the sauce.  I also chose the pasta in olive oil.  A simple but tasty dish including a very healthy amount of EVOO plus chilies and whatever.  A good dish.  Together they were both satisfying and ample.  OTOH, there is nothing utterly remarkable about Sfoglina's pasta that is that different or spectacular over other hand made pasta's from other places.  At $19 it appears a bit overpriced as did the meatball course.  The big overhead cost came with two shots of Ameretto.  I didn't see the brand.  The shots were neat and I assume one ounce each.  At $13/shot that is expensive.  If it was Disaranno that runs $30/750 liter at Virginia's ABC stores and there are 25-26 ounces in a bottle.   At 25 ounces that is $325 in shots per bottle.  (that is how you make a killing).  Bread with olive oil came with the meal and I finished it with a $4 cup of coffee.  (not great but okay coffee.   The meal was filling and it was of good quality.  I'll return.  Unfortunately I don't believe it will be in my regular rotation but it will be a place I visit over time.

• Like 3

We had a lovely meal at the Rosslyn location a couple weeks ago.  The tastiest thing I had was the small plate of grilled spicy wild calamari in romesco (not too spicy, since my husband who doesn't do spicy was fine with it, but it was so flavorful).  I was going to order it, but they gave it to us free because they had offered us free prosecco to celebrate (we were there for a big anniversary and also a birthday) and we don't drink so we said thank you but declined.  They gave us mocktails instead, which was nice of them, but I didn't expect them to also give us a free appetizer.  I will get that wild calamari anytime it's on the menu there.

The one thing I didn't care for was the farro salad (Tuscan Grains, Plums, Roasted Butternut Squash, Pumpkin Seeds) - the plums were unusual in a salad, tasty, and plentiful, but apparently the one way I do not like roasted butternut squash is cold. If you don't mind that, you may like this salad.  

From the mozzarella bar, we shared burrata and strachiatella, and both were luscious.  Also got marinated eggplant which was good but not extraordinary. 

You can get a half order of the pasta dishes even though it doesn't say so on the menu, and my half order of Squid Ink Linguine (Lobster, Roasted Tomatoes, Chilies) was the right size given all that had come before, and was delicious.  My husband got the lasagna and it was extremely good.

• Like 3

On 11/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, Genevieve said:

We had a lovely meal at the Rosslyn location a couple weeks ago.  The tastiest thing I had was the small plate of grilled spicy wild calamari in romesco (not too spicy, since my husband who doesn't do spicy was fine with it, but it was so flavorful).  I was going to order it, but they gave it to us free because they had offered us free prosecco to celebrate (we were there for a big anniversary and also a birthday) and we don't drink so we said thank you but declined.  They gave us mocktails instead, which was nice of them, but I didn't expect them to also give us a free appetizer.  I will get that wild calamari anytime it's on the menu there.

The one thing I didn't care for was the farro salad (Tuscan Grains, Plums, Roasted Butternut Squash, Pumpkin Seeds) - the plums were unusual in a salad, tasty, and plentiful, but apparently the one way I do not like roasted butternut squash is cold. If you don't mind that, you may like this salad.  

From the mozzarella bar, we shared burrata and strachiatella, and both were luscious.  Also got marinated eggplant which was good but not extraordinary. 

You can get a half order of the pasta dishes even though it doesn't say so on the menu, and my half order of Squid Ink Linguine (Lobster, Roasted Tomatoes, Chilies) was the right size given all that had come before, and was delicious.  My husband got the lasagna and it was extremely good.

I've dined at Sfoglina Rosslyn 3 times now, twice at the bar alone and once with a companion for dinner.  Its convenient.  Specifically its the most convenient bar for me in Rosslyn.  My gut is that it is good not great.  They will "get you" with the fancy touches, significantly very attentive service, all presented in a pretty pleasant dining room, but the mark ups--oh the mark ups they are high.  I agree with the above on the squid Ink Linguine--very tasty--delicious.  Calimari--also quite good. Other dishes a step below--but good. 

• Like 1

I haven’t been to the Rosslyn branch yet, but there was a comment on Tom Sietsema’s chat last Wednesday about the food being overly salty.  This is enough to scare me away if the food is all pre-prepared.  The Perron who wrote also noted that he/she complained afterward and received no response.

My parents, 4 year old and I went to the van Ness location. the three dishes for $60 is a steal especially for my family since we basically eat & order family style wherever we go and are just constantly eating off of each other's plates anyway.

We ordered

- stracciatella cheese (which tastes like the inside of the burrata) with roasted tomatoes and artichokes

- Bolognese special

- A'matriciana

- gnocchi with porcinis

- tiramisu + gelato

Waitress accidentally wrote down "sp" for special and then served pasta aglio oilio (which was just okay). She fixed it and brought out the Bolognese. 

Restaurant seems very family-friendly. I noticed a lot of families there. we brought our own coloring sheets and crayons but the waitress print it out more for us. The children's menu does seem pretty expensive though, the entrees are $14 which is the same price as some of the adult entrees seems fairly high for me. My daughter just ended up eating what we were eating. 

• Like 2

Made reservations for 3 on Tock, which collected a $75 deposit.  At the last minute my brother joined us for dinner, so we had a party of 4.

We had dinner last night, 3 delicious pastas: 1.  Spirulina Garganelli with Littleneck & Surf Clams 2.  BBQ Pork Rib Tortellini  3. Potato Gnocchi with Porcini Crema and Mushrooms

The 72 hrs. braised short ribs were super tender.  Were they really braised for 72 hrs or sous vided for 72 hrs?  The meatballs were nicely textured.  And the side of sauteed cauliflower was fantastic.

The bill came and I paid.  On the drive home, I remembered the deposit wasn't applied to my check so I figured they'll just refund my deposit of $75.  Then I got this weird e-mail which only refunded me $50.  I guess I'll wait a couple of days and if things aren't fixed, I have to call and get another $25 refunded.

Covered Patio Dinner × 4 (Deposit)
Your deposit secures your booking and will be applied to your final bill.
$100.00

Subtotal
$100.00
Complimentary discount
-$75.00

Total
$25.00

Paid
$25.00

Paid with Visa **** 3597 (12/8/20)
$75.00
Refunded Visa **** 3597 (12/11/20)
$50.00

On your statement, this charge will appear as
"Tock at*Sfoglina Van N"
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Ferhat Yalcin said:

Eric, did you ever get back the remaining $25? 

I also find it amusing the way they worded your refund `complimentary discount` because they are doing you the favor

I'm sure I got my money back.  I don't like pissing money away but I did today.  When I went shopping at Safeway, I entered the wrong phone number when I checked out.  Instead of getting 30 cents off per gallon of gas, I got nada.