Member-Influenced Movie Reviews

DonRocks

Similar to what I'm doing with restaurant reviews, except we all watch the same film and discuss it afterwards. Is anyone interested? Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself when I write about a 50-year-old classic.

If not movies, then maybe something else?

I'm just thinking that if we, as a group, concentrate on one at a time, we'll get a much more fertile discussion going. It can be one from the Favorites Thread so people don't need to rewatch it. I really, *really* got a lot out of what we did with Troilus and Cressida - I don't care if it's a book, or a play, or a stand-up comedy routine, or a TV show - it just seems like that was really, I don't know ... "fun," for lack of a better term, and I'm game to discuss anything of cultural merit - it doesn't have to be "the best" of anything. It could be a Dylan album - I'd be all for talking about various tracks on one of his albums. Pretty much anything that the group can agree on, and I think we'll need to take some sort of nominations/poll like we do with me reviewing restaurants, except this won't be "me"; it will be "us." And don't forget, just because I'm reviewing a restaurant, doesn't mean you can't, too - the more expert reviews we have, the clearer picture will be painted. If you want to stay closer to consumables, it could be a wine or a beer.

I'm interested in theory, but in reality I don't get to watch many movies these days, and I rarely remember much about any movie I've seen to have a useful discussion more than a few days post viewing. If this gets going I would maybe want to join in in the future.

I'm interested in theory, but in reality I don't get to watch many movies these days, and I rarely remember much about any movie I've seen to have a useful discussion more than a few days post viewing. If this gets going I would maybe want to join in in the future.

Whenever you find some time, why don't you watch a film and write a short post about it? I'll chime in, and I suspect DIShGo will too - it only takes two people to make a conversation, so a third is like having a cherry on top.

• Like 1