The Historic Golden State Warriors - San Antonio Spurs Game of Apr 10, 2016

DonRocks

Go Warriors!

And Go they did.

"Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs: Live Score, Highlights, and Reaction" by Jared Johnson on bleacherreport.com

While watching the game, I was thinking much of the time about Oscar Robertson. In my mind, if he was playing in this game during his prime, he would have had a 30-10-10 triple-double.

Curry's 37 points had to be the "quietest" 37 I've ever seen - I think I must have started paying less attention in the third quarter which is when he caught fire.

That was an ugly, ugly basketball game, and it wasn't because of terrific defense; people were passing up 17 footers because they were afraid to shoot, people were turning over the ball left-and-right, it's like the basketball had Vaseline on it. It was *ugly*, but the greatest teams know that sometimes you *have* to win ugly.

I think I wanted San Antonio to go 41-0 at home even more than I wanted Golden State to win 73 - I wanted it for Tim Duncan.

Now that the Warriors need one more win to get 73, I'm not sure how I feel - I liked that Bulls team a *lot*, but if Golden State wins Wednesday against Memphis (and they will), the Warriors will have earned it, and records are made to be broken.

Go Grizzlies! 

For those who favor the Chicago Bulls here is a "record" that the Warriors can't match....now:  Best regular season record over 2 consecutive years...and winning 2 NBA championships.

Between the 95-96 seasons and then the 96-97 seasons the Bulls won 72 games and then 69 regular season games.  141 in total over 2 consecutive years.  Best two year regular season record EVER.  Even if Golden State wins their 73...over the last 2 years they will ONLY have 140 regular season wins in a 2 year period.  Paltry.  And then the Warriors would have to win the NBA championship AGAIN.  and with all that...they would have a mere 140 regular season wins and 2 championships over a two year period.   So...even if the Warriors win the final season game and the entire NBA championship again...Bulls fans will have something to crow about.   ;)

And Go they did.

"Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs: Live Score, Highlights, and Reaction" by Jared Johnson on bleacherreport.com

Curry's 37 points had to be the "quietest" 37 I've ever seen - I think I must have started paying less attention in the third quarter which is when he caught fire.

That was an ugly, ugly basketball game, and it wasn't because of terrific defense; people were passing up 17 footers because they were afraid to shoot, people were turning over the ball left-and-right, it's like the basketball had Vaseline on it. It was *ugly*, but the greatest teams know that sometimes you *have* to win ugly.

....so interesting.   And I thought it was a good pressure packed game.  Curry took it over in the 2nd half on the scoring side.    Unlike the first game they played this year, again the Spurs managed to slow down the game to their pace.  Even at the slower "Spurs" pace, Warriors took 2 of the 3 played at that speed/pace/rate.  Not by tons...by a little here and there.

From my perspective if they meet in the playoffs so long as the Spurs can slow the pace, and assuming no serious injuries on either side the Spurs could win in a seven game series.  I actually think one key is they need a healthy Boris Diaw.   He is possibly or probably a better match up against the Warriors and their premier small lineup than Tim Duncan at this stage in Duncan's career.  Diaw might be described a little like Draymond Green, with multiple skills and more mobile than Duncan.

In fact here is  a little video on Diaw's passing skills:  This guy really fits the Spurs.  He complements the overall/ all players passing and moving the ball motif.