Matthew Dellavedova (1990-), Australian Basketball Player for the Cavaliers, and One of the NBA's Dirtiest Players

DonRocks

On 12/30/2015 at 10:46 AM, DonRocks said:

12/25/15

Stephen Curry arguably had a better game, but not by much: He scored 19 points on 6-15 shooting. However, there's one thing I saw that viewers watching the ball wouldn't have noticed: Off the ball, Curry was getting the *shit* beaten out of him by Matthew Dellavedova. This happened from the very beginning of the game, and the physical punishment was equivalent to body-blows from a boxer - they take their toll on you later in the match. Anyone who thinks the NBA is no longer physical only needed to watch what was happening to Curry. He was being held, pushed, and just plain brutalized - he had a poor game, but the refs were consistently missing off-the-ball fouls against him - this was a deliberate and clever strategy by the Cavaliers to wear down Curry, and it worked.

It took all the strength I could muster to start a thread on Matthew Dellavedova, but I just found this:

01/18/16 - "Cavs' Matthew Dellavedova Voted NBA's Dirtiest Player in L.A. Times' Poll" by Ricky Doyle on nesn.com

Anyone who thinks Dellavedova is "accidentally dirty," as one coach said in that article, didn't watch the game I saw.