The Puzzling Plummet of RGIII

DaveO

ESPN just published a great read on the rise and fall of RGIII with the Redskins  Its an excellent read with a fascinating incident that I don't think was publicized before.  The incident connects RGIII with the Shanahans and Dan Snyder and is the epitome of disfunction. But its fascinating.  RGIII.  He came.  He conquered.  He got injured.  He didn't recover.  His weaknesses were exposed.  He's gone.  

Maybe not worth much more attention in the Washington DC region...but dang this story (great gossip) is interesting, well constructed, and possibly revealing.  

Meanwhile, Dan Steinberg, a current WashPo sports columnist rips Shanahan in a subsequent post in the Wash Po Sports Bog and that one generates a lot of commentary.

Its such a great snarky topic. :D

• Like 1

Shanahan finally stated specifically what he only hinted at before.  Basically, RGIII went over his head, got the meddling owner to agree to run only certain plays.  That revealed to the world how utterly incompetent RGIII is as a pro QB.  

In other news, 90% of native Americans aren't offended by the 'skins name

In fact, more non-native Americans are offended by the name than native Americans (23% to 9%).  Haters gonna hate.  

The nugget in that story was great reading.  If true to the word it speaks to RGIII completely misunderstanding his position vis a vis the coach, misunderstanding his strengths and weaknesses, and his reality as a player overwhelmed by his ego.  As to Snyder, it merely confirms what a miserable owner the guy has been for about a decade and a half or longer.  Hopefully after countless examples over a far too long period he has learned to keep his cotton picking nose out of the football team, personnel, and coaching.

Of course that might not be all that beneficial.  It gives him more time to think about how to skin fans of every nickel, dime, quarter, and hundreds of dollars, and irreversibly make the experience of attending a pro football game in DC less enjoyable.    Snyder has already demonstrated a real talent for ruining the experience.  

As to the team name.  Its not that big a deal to me.  Its offensive to some.  It doesn't bother a lot of people.  If it was singularly up to me, I'd change it...but I can live with it either way.  

• Like 1