Hebir Exotic, Ethiopian on E. Glebe Road and Route 1 in Alexandria near Potomac Yard - Closed

We finally made it to the new Ethiopian place on East Glebe just off Rt 1 in Alexandria (I guess I'd call it east Arlandria). Very quiet on a weekday lunch. I hope they get more customers, because we thought it was very good.

We had lamb tibs and the veggie combo. Both were good, nicely spiced - I like Ethiopian a lot, but I don't think I can call myself well informed, so I'm not exactly sure how to describe why I thought it was good. I guess I'd say that everything tasted distinct, not muddy flavors like I've had at Ethiopian places I like less.

Service was quick and friendly. Good place to have close by.

• Like 1

Note that Hebir Exotic is, for now, open seven days a week until midnight, giving the cabbies an alternative to Kabob Palace. I also added Kebir Exotic to our Late-Night Dining list, which features restaurants open until midnight at least one night per week.

I think I'm going to call the entire area inside the following polygon "Potomac Yard" in the Dining Guide even though this isn't in Potomac Yard Center - that's still more correct than "Del Ray" or "Old Town," for which Slaters Lane is about as far north as I can stomach.

The Dining Guide now contains a map for this newly minted "Potomac Yard" neighborhood - I want to use Four Mile Run (the actual stream) as my northern boundary, and this is as close as I can come on short notice (if anyone can examine the entries on the left, and advise me on how to create a better map, please PM me).

Also, "Potomac Yard" now contains precisely one entry: Hebir Exotic. If anyone sees Dining Guide restaurants that are in "Old Town" or Del Ray" or anywhere else, that should be inside this strange polygon, please also PM me - I'm not sure Potomac Yard Center has any entries, but it might.

Screenshot 2016-07-07 at 10.05.23.png