"Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein" are two of the greatest comedies I've ever seen and they both starred Gene Wilder. Mel Brooks is certainly a comedic genius, but I don't think these movies would have been nearly as good without Wilder.

I think I'll give Blazing Saddles a view tonight. And then maybe watch the best skit from "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex":

I recall Gene Wilder being in some of the best comedies of all time; specifically 3 that are among the highest rated by the AFI, Blazing Saddles, the Producers, and Young Frankenstein, and those 3 are among my favorites.  Strangely, while I saw it more than once, but not in decades, the only powerful memory I had of Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but were afraid to Ask, were the sperm.  Human sperm.   I appreciate the above video on the Wilder/Sheep scene.  Hilarious.

Wilder was a great straight man in the midst of these uproarious comedies.  His roles enhanced the films.  Filmdom has lost a significant actor.  So sad.