BurgerFi - Palm Beach-Based Hamburger Chain with Multiple Locations in the DC Area

So there's a new BurgerFi opening on Monday (Sept 26) in the what became the final resting place of Pat Troy's Ireland's Own (111 N. Pitt St). Based on a quick peek in the window, the interior looks to have been nicely renovated; lots of warm wood flooring and paneling, long communal tables with overhead hanging lights, an elevated counter area near the rear of the space. The menu of burgers, dogs, fries, and custard sounds a bit like Shake Shack, no? Craft beer and wine are also mentioned on the window graphics.

This location will join four others in the area (Silver Spring, Woodbridge, Leesburg, and Laurel). We'll see how this location does, as there will be competition from the Five Guys, which will soon be relocating to the former Bertucci's space on King Street.

Has anyone tried out the other locations?

• Like 1

There is a BurgerFi near me in Fort Lauderdale, and I do like it. It offers quick service, and reasonable prices, and a decent selection  of local beers.  I have found that it is best to order two patties instead of one.  Their single patty just isn't quite enough meat to stand out among the rest of the ingredients and the bun.  And while everyone has their own opinions about whose fries are the best, I really do like their fries.  They always taste fresh.

I have been to the Laurel location a good number of times, more often for carryout when I had a bit too much wine the previous night, but once or twice to eat there. I like it. Aside from the non-alcoholic beverages I think the prices are tolerable (not so much on the fountain soda, especially when you are doing carryout and won't have access to refills), and food has all been consistently good. With the nicer interior and the nice craft beer selection this is a place I actually enjoy going to, whereas 5 Guys is just a take out place for me. I also prefer the burger. My only complaint about the Laurel location - the floor is always horrendously sticky.

Tried the new Old Town location a couple days ago. Pretty big place, wasn't very crowded at dinner time. The  big sign near the drink machines states "LESS BURGER JOINT. MORE GOURMET RESTAURANT.", which I gather is a corporate slogan but is funny with BGR a couple blocks away. Double bacon cheeseburger, regular fries, and a soda was $16.50. All these thin smashed-type burgers taste kind of equally okay to me, so it beats waiting in line at Shake Shack. With Five Guys taking over the former Bertucci's space there's going to be a lot of burger restaurant capacity in a three-block area.

Stopped in the Old Town location today with a friend.  A bottle of water and a single patty cheeseburger with the usual fixings was $8.50 or thereabouts.  My friend got the veggie burger and an order of fries with cajun spice.  The fries were very nicely done, a large amount for the "small" order (I think $4.75), the cajun spicing was quite mild.  An interesting twist, the buns are branded with "Burgerfi" seared into them.  It was a good burger, a bit better than 5 Guys but not go-blocks-out-of-your-way better.  At the price point, if they were next door to one another, I could see making Burgerfi the winner over 5 Guys.  The space is nice, the service people are friendly but the crew in there seemed a bit in the weeds when we went in with only a handful of customers in the store (don't know what was happening with take-out/call-in orders, though).  I saw Boyle's sodas in the case but didn't pay attention to the beers on offer.

Oh, and I thought that BurgerFi would imply it was owned by former Marines, but it's not.  Actually a shortening of "burgerfication of America".

• Like 1