Shake Shack - a Local Fast-Casual Hamburger Chain Expanding Rapidly

On 7/9/2017 at 11:28 AM, Pool Boy said:

Now, what is really funny is this - despite it being an excellent meal and being largely sated, there was a Shake Shack literally right around the corner from Dovetail. We were just going to hail a cab back to the hotel, but we'd talked over dinner about how much my wife raved about the chicken sandwich she'd had at the DC outpost of Shake Shack. We popped in to split one of those so I could wee what the fuss was about. SO GOOD! Get one!

And yes, that kind of put me over the top. OOOOOOFA.

Hey, this Shake Shack saved my ass one day. Matt and I checked out of our hotel, and were taking an overnight flight to Ireland. NYC was having a particularly nasty heat wave, and we were stuck outside all day long. The Museum of Natural History was one of the most boring things I've ever done (note: This was before the renovation, so everything looked like it was from the 1960s, and Matt had just gotten out of school the week before, and this was the *last* thing he wanted to see). Anyway, we ended up downstairs in that Shake Shack, and it was the day (or one of the days) that John Isner defeated Nicholas Mamut at Wimbledown, 70-68 in the 5th set (that is not a typo). We camped out down there for a couple of hours with milkshakes, watching tennis, and it saved us - no matter how bad Shake Shack becomes, I will always be grateful it was there at that moment.

• Like 1