Amazon Prime and Dynamic Movie Prices

DonRocks

Two days ago, I wanted to watch an obscure movie that *nobody* rents. It was free with Amazon Prime. Great!

I watched 15 minutes of it, then moved on to something else.

Yesterday, I wanted to keep watching it. All of a sudden, it went up to 99 cents.

So I rented it at 99 cents. I also happened to look at my Visa bill, and noticed I was billed for *2 days* at 99 cents each day.

Now, today, I wanted to finish it. I noticed it was $3.99. 

Coincidence? I don't think so. I think Amazon's software kept track of how much of the film I watched, and raised the price accordingly, knowing that I was partially finished with the movie. 

It's "Ocean's 11" (1960 version) in case anyone wants to check.

I know I'm not wrong - I didn't imagine this or these prices - I was probably the first person to rent it in awhile. Then, Amazon saw that I was about 1/3 of the way through, and started raising the price, knowing that I wanted to finish the film.

This isn't right.

---

That said, I went through the rigmarole of "chatting" with an Amazon rep (after looking for a way to email them for ten minutes, to no avail). I stated the problem, angrily left the chat (I was in a sour mood, though I stressed to the rep I wasn't mad at him), and he set things right (I gave him the highest marks on a subsequent emailed survey), so Amazon corrected the problem; it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Something is fishy with their pricing software.