Lancaster Dispensing Company ("DipCo"), Tavern with Local and Imported Beer and Live Entertainment, Lancaster

Lancaster has a bustling food scene. There are countless options of non-chain restos that deliver good eats at a great price. The one I chose on this chilly Sunday evening was Lancaster Dispensing Company. The pub is located on North Market Street in downtown Lancaster. Upon walking in, I am immediately charmed of the backdrop of my choice. Dim lighting, anchored by a large bar that runs the length of the space. To locals, its known as Dipco. Its reputation for light fare at reasonable prices is true to form. 

I am greeted warmly by the bartender. A german hefeweisen starts off this dinner. I ask for recommendations , & with out hesitation she points out the either the Old Style Reuben, or the Short Rib sandwich are a solid choice. I follow her direction and order the Short rib, plus I add a cup of soup. A cream of celery soup does not disappoint .I mainted decorum and resisted licking the bowl.Followed by one of the most delicious sandwich I have had to date. An ample sandwich piled deep with unctuous slow braised short rib beef, toppled with gooey mozzarella. Its finished off with a bright tomato jam. Incredibly satisfying to both my palate & wallet. Price of meal tallied at 18.25. I could easily cozy up to the idea of being a local at a place that delivers great eats at a great price.

Cheers!

kat