Ma(i)son, Taylor and Leeann Mason's Farm-Driven "Urban Cookery" on N. Prince Street in Lancaster

17 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Lancaster is my home town, but I don't get back very often. It's on my list when next I return....

Please do!! There are so many amazing choices. POUR on Prince, The Pressroom, John Jeffries, Ma(i)son, Luca,Square Coffee, Passenger, Barberet Bistro& Bakery, Silantra,Thistle Finch Distillery, and I could go on & on. I lived in the District for many years, and my expectations have been set high. All of these places are contenders even among DC's, as well as NY's finest. If you find your way back, please let me know. Ill be more than happy to be your guide to all things delicious in Lancaster County.

Food Guide,

kat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

Please do!! There are so many amazing choices. POUR on Prince, The Pressroom, John Jeffries, Ma(i)son, Luca,Square Coffee, Passenger, Barberet Bistro& Bakery, Silantra,Thistle Finch Distillery, and I could go on & on. I lived in the District for many years, and my expectations have been set high. All of these places are contenders even among DC's, as well as NY's finest. If you find your way back, please let me know. Ill be more than happy to be your guide to all things delicious in Lancaster County.

Food Guide,

kat

I was born and raised in Lancaster -- graduated from McCaskey High and Franklin & Marshall, and then the Air Force dropped me in the DC area a few decades ago. My memories are not of fine dining, but rather the roadside markets in the eastern part of the county, the smorgasbords, and the bars mostly in the Millersville and Pequea areas.

I still have family there, and I occasionally hear from them about the Loft or Horse Inn or Rice & Noodles, the latter of which gets raves from my family. The places you mentioned are part of the Brooklynization of Lancaster, or so I hear.

I fear Lancaster County is a good place to be from, and I don't see myself returning there for good. Save for a few nice places like Lititz, most of the county and the southern part of the city have deteriorated. That said, all of my childhood memories are there....

4 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I still have family there, and I occasionally hear from them about the Loft or Horse Inn or Rice & Noodles, the latter of which gets raves from my family. The places you mentioned are part of the Brooklynization of Lancaster, or so I hear.

I appears that you read the NY Post. The dining revitilazation has also been equated to" New Portlandia", if you read Paste. All good, if thats whats bring travelers to Lancaster. The city has seen an influx of artist, musicians, culinary talent(I may add have roots in Lancaster), as well as humanitarians that will no doubt receive recognition on the national stage. 

Locals travel away from their hometown for many reasons. I have been away for nearly twenty five years. I am home. My intent is to bring Central Pa their due. One bite at a time. I have cherished memories here in PA, and look forward to making countless more. Perhaps, I may become the food voice of Central Pa. Dare to dream.

Dreamer, 

kat

• Like 1