French Quarter Brasserie - a Local Chain in Fairfax, Opening in Shaw, and with a Boulder, CO, Outpost

i think it only seems natural that i'm the one to start this thread, eh?

in any event, Laura Hayes profiled French Quarter Brasserie recently. gone are the most comfortable bar seats in all of history. in is a spin-off of a Cajun-inspired Fairfax spot. 

19 hours ago, franch said:

i think it only seems natural that i'm the one to start this thread, eh?

in any event, Laura Hayes profiled French Quarter Brasserie recently. gone are the most comfortable bar seats in all of history. in is a spin-off of a Cajun-inspired Fairfax spot. 

So did those chairs end up on Rasmus or has someone involved with the place kept them?

Great subtle dig in the article as well: "Not a lot of people have seen the location, so we're not planning on a lot of modifications" Zing!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 2:49 PM, Keithstg said:

So did those chairs end up on Rasmus or has someone involved with the place kept them?

Great subtle dig in the article as well: "Not a lot of people have seen the location, so we're not planning on a lot of modifications" Zing!

i want them so badly. i probably spent more time in those chairs than any other customer...

and thats amazing. didn't catch that. 

My wife and I had a late dinner at the Fairfax location.  Although we are not experts on Cajun or Creole food (to the point where I am not sure what the difference is-please feel free to pile on me for this), what we had was pretty tasty.  We shared a side of fried okra as an app, and I had a cup of the sausage and chicken gumbo for a starter.  Red beans and rice (on the menu as Red beans and sausage) for me, and shrimp and grits for her as entrees.

They are open until 10:00 during the week, and I think until 11:00 on Friday and Saturday.

Another couple at the bar mentioned a speakeasy, and that turned out to be a separate, small room, off one side of the bar.  Since the room had street frontage with windows and no apparent window coverings, I am not sure how private it really is, unless there is no foot traffic. (there was virtually none tonight, being relatively late on a Monday evening).

Edited by JBag57