So, a friend of mine told me that if I didn't mind "Django Unchained," I wouldn't mind "Inglourious Basterds."

I didn't mind it, and actually somewhat enjoyed it. Christoph Waltz, in both movies, is really good - there's a certain "Intellectual 'It Factor'" to his demeanor that makes him highly likable and highly unlikable at the same time, all the while being believable, even when in unbelievable situations.

Didn't I just say something similar about Tom Cruise and "Jack Reacher?"

As one example of me (or is it "my") not hating "Inglourious Basterds," I'm just not on the same page as this review:

Aug 21, 2009 - "Review: 'Inglourious Basterds'" by Peter Rainer on csmonitor.com

(Forget that it's the Christian Science Monitor - that is an intelligent publication that, yes, has it's biases, but is worth more than dumbed-down criticism for the masses. That said, I'm surprised that this review got a "non-rotten tomato" on rottentomatoes.com

For those of you who didn't recognize the term "OSS" just before Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) shouted "Bingo!" - I began this thread last year, and this is the first time I've heard the OSS mentioned since that day..

Had this fantasy been reality, there probably would have been no bombings of Hiroshima or Nagasaki, as all necessary personnel could have been diverted to the Pacific Theater.