Pure Food and Wine, Vegan, Raw (Nothing Cooked above 118 Degrees), and Featuring Criminal-Chef Sarma Melngailis - Closed and Moved to Rikers Island

pure food and wine

Vegan, raw (nothing cooked above 118 degrees), no soy or wheat.. I took a vegetarian friend there last weekend and was wowed. The food was delicious and inventive, more so than at any other place in Manhattan at which I've recently dined. It knocked the socks of wd-50.

I strongly recommend the zuchinni blossoms for a main course, which are filled with faux chevre (derived from nuts, I believe) and served with a grape tomato, ramp, and avocado salad and a side of pickled almonds. Also wonderful was the thin mint sundae. I don't know they made vegan, soyless ice cream taste so good, but they did.

I went in a skeptic and left an admirer.

Go! It's at 17th St and Irving Place (between 3rd and Park), about a block and a half east of Union Square.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2008 at 4:37 PM, LoganCircle said:

pure food and wine

Vegan, raw (nothing cooked above 118 degrees), no soy or wheat.. I took a vegetarian friend there last weekend and was wowed. The food was delicious and inventive, more so than at any other place in Manhattan at which I've recently dined. It knocked the socks of wd-50.

I strongly recommend the zuchinni blossoms for a main course, which are filled with faux chevre (derived from nuts, I believe) and served with a grape tomato, ramp, and avocado salad and a side of pickled almonds. Also wonderful was the thin mint sundae. I don't know they made vegan, soyless ice cream taste so good, but they did.

I went in a skeptic and left an admirer.

Go! It's at 17th St and Irving Place (between 3rd and Park), about a block and a half east of Union Square.

Hipster 'Vegan Bernie Madoff' who stole more than $1MILLION from investors and staff at her Manhattan restaurants is jailed for three months, by Liam Quinn for Dailymail.com, Published: 18:33 EDT, 21 June 2017 | Updated: 04:37 EDT, 22 June 2017.

2 hours ago, dcs said:

Hipster 'Vegan Bernie Madoff' who stole more than $1MILLION from investors and staff at her Manhattan restaurants is jailed for three months, by Liam Quinn for Dailymail.com, Published: 18:33 EDT, 21 June 2017 | Updated: 04:37 EDT, 22 June 2017.

Jun 15, 2016 - "The Hustler who Hooked Up with and Brought Down New York's Vegan Queen" by M.L. Nestel and Kate Briquelet on thedailybeast.com

• Like 1