Italian Pizza Kitchen, in the Former Trattoria Liliana Space at Connecticut Avenue and Albemarle Street in Van Ness

Walked past the old Trattoria Liliana spot on Connecticut Ave. There's a new sign for a pizzeria over the top that must have gone up over the weekend. Yeah... looks like another crap shoot for Van Ness. Just what we need... more pizza. =p I don't think that's the correct name for the place though.

On 3/13/2007 at 9:39 PM, synaesthesia said:

Walked past the old Trattoria Liliana spot on Connecticut Ave. There's a new sign for a pizzeria over the top that must have gone up over the weekend. Yeah... looks like another crap shoot for Van Ness. Just what we need... more pizza. =p I don't think that's the correct name for the place though.

On 3/13/2007 at 11:05 PM, JLK said:

It's a cheap-looking sign. Rather generic too. Signs of painting inside.

Well, believe it or not, it's still open.

Don't knock the IPK!  When we lived up in Van Ness we would order at least once a week.  This is a  basic neighborhood pizza place, nothing fancy but they get the job done.  They compete against Dominoes or Pizza Hut not 2 Amys.  When they are on they make a solid pie (roasted eggplant is our go to) as well as a decent calzone and sandwiches.  A place you order from as you get off the Van Ness metro and pick up on your walk home.  

IPK had a sister restaurant in Woodley, but the owners divorced and the husband took over the Woodley location.  It's now called The Italians Kitchen.  Their pizza isn't as good as IPK, although their calzone is solid.

IPK is your quintessential neighborhood fallback place: "what should we get for dinner tonight?" "I don't know...IPK?" 

• Like 4