Salt Tavern, Chef-Owner Jason Ambrose's Modern American on Pratt Street in Upper Fells Point - Closed

Chef Jason Ambrose's Foie Gras and Kobe Beef Slider with Aioli and Red Onion Marmalade are something I will return for again and again. There are more beckoning deliciousnesses on the menu. I'm tempted to move to Butcher's Hill so Salt can be my neighborhood hangout. So cozy and good.

Any recent visits?

I went last night to Salt for dinner. I am punching myself in the head for never having been here until now. Ambrose's mother told us that this was their restaurant's 4th year, and the place was packed. What a great, delicious meal.

We started with duck fat fries with the trio of aiolis (truffle, malt vinegar, & chipotle).

I got the Boston Bibb salad with watermelon & goat cheese drizzled generously with a thick balsamic vinegar.

My friend got his kobe beef slider with foie gras, and lt me try a bite- it was so well made and a perfect bite.

I ordered 2 appetizers as my dinner- a chicken fried quail served with a small waffle and a mustard gravy, and a lobster mango ceviche.

For dessert, I loved the trio of mini ice cream cones- cherries jubilee, milk chocolate, & caramel-marshmallow. It arrived in a custom made rack for each 1 inch cone.

pics