Bojangles, A Charlotte, NC-Based Spicy Fried Chicken Franchise in Several Maryland Locations

Why don't we have Bojangles around here? Mmmm...chicken biscuits....

There is one in Oxon Hill, MD, just across the bridge from Alexandria. I remember seeing a Bojangles cup in the garbage at the metro, and knowing that there had to be one nearby.

It's far enough away so I only go three or four times a year, thank god.

There is one in Oxon Hill, MD, just across the bridge from Alexandria. I remember seeing a Bojangles cup in the garbage at the metro, and knowing that there had to be one nearby.

It's far enough away so I only go three or four times a year, thank god.

One of my friends (originally from NC) goes to the Bo every year for his birthday. Maybe this is the one he goes to. There's also a homeless guy in the Metro Center area that uses a Bojangles cup to collect money. I agree that it's probably best for the waistline that there aren't any closer. And Popeyes just isn't the same.

I went to school in Winston-Salem, NC where there's basically a Bojangles on every corner. Somehow my freshman year I managed not to gain the "freshman 15" even though I went to the Bo every Friday for lunch with a group of friends my first semester. This December when I drove down to our bowl game in Charlotte I stopped at the first Bojangles I got to on 85 on the way down and made sure to stop by on the way back too.

Cajun filet biscuit and fries with extra seasoning. My mouth is watering as we speak.

There is one on Branch Avenue near Suitland Parkway in MD. The two times I've stopped the biscuits were really good but the fried chicken and sides were abysmal. Looking at their website it appears that they now have branches in Honduras and Mexico as well.

There is one on Branch Avenue near Suitland Parkway in MD. The two times I've stopped the biscuits were really good but the fried chicken and sides were abysmal. Looking at their website it appears that they now have branches in Honduras and Mexico as well.

Bojangles in Spanish would come out: BohonglÄse. Like Chevy shipping a car to Mexico called NoVa.

I love Bo's. never miss a chance to get some when I'm in the chapel hill area. However, I think the best fast food FC is popeyes, still. Bo's is close. I haven't seen a churche's in DC in 20 years and that use to be my fav.

Has anyone trie pollo camparo in bailey's Xroad?

I've had Pollo Camparo in both Bailey's Crossroads and LA. Love it.

Somebody should bring it, Bojangles, and Popeye's to the spring picnic! So we can ignore them all and eat Antonio's...

I love Bo's. never miss a chance to get some when I'm in the chapel hill area. However, I think the best fast food FC is popeyes, still. Bo's is close. I haven't seen a churche's in DC in 20 years and that use to be my fav.

I agree Popeye's has better chicken, but I love the spice on Bo's and the biscuits are much better, too. Plus, eating there takes me back to my days at Clemson when my roommate and I would run (screaming "Bo-yangles, Bo-yangles") the half mile to buy a dozen biscuits and maybe some chicken to soothe the savage munchies. Good times...good times.

I was in NC a few weeks back and the first stop from the airport and the last one to it was the Bo's drive-thru. Sweet tea and a biscuit. That's it, but an awesome combination. I don't really get into fried chicken, but oh man those biscuits. Like little fluffy pieces of buttery, fast-food crackness. And to boot the drive thru lady said "may god bless you on your journey today." I suppose that isn't very PC or whatever, but it made my little crack biscuit that much tastier.

Also, when we were growing up we drove to Myrtle Beach a couple times a year. My mom always stopped at the exact same exit in NC every time to get 2 boxes of chicken and 2 dozen biscuits. The car smelled like shit all the rest of the way, but eating warmed biscuits all week made it worth it. At least when I was 12 it seemed worth it, but a good memory nonetheless.

I agree Popeye's has better chicken, but I love the spice on Bo's and the biscuits are much better, too. Plus, eating there takes me back to my days at Clemson when my roommate and I would run (screaming "Bo-yangles, Bo-yangles") the half mile to buy a dozen biscuits and maybe some chicken to soothe the savage munchies. Good times...good times.

Bojangles, yes better biscuits but Popeye's rule on everything else from the spicy mash potato to the dirty rice..Spicy chicken there rules.. biggrin.gif

Haven't made it down to Union Station yet but going to school in Winston-Salem has left me a Bo's fan for life. My freshman year we'd get lunch there every Friday (how did I not gain more weight in college I will never know). Cajun fillet biscuit and fries with extra seasoning. Maybe a Boberry biscuit for dessert? Yum.

I am going to have to disagree with some of the sentiment concerning Bo's vs. Popeye's and say that I prefer the flavor of Bo's chicken and fries over similar offerings at Popeye's. The chicken just reminds me of my youth, not that we had Bo's, but it tastes like I remember fried chicken tasting.

I am going to have to disagree with some of the sentiment concerning Bo's vs. Popeye's and say that I prefer the flavor of Bo's chicken and fries over similar offerings at Popeye's. The chicken just reminds me of my youth, not that we had Bo's, but it tastes like I remember fried chicken tasting.

I cannot judge the merits of the fries at either eatery. Having any side at Popeye's besides the red beans and rice is beyond my imagining.

Why don't we have Bojangles around here? Mmmm...chicken biscuits....

I hadn't been to Bojangles in years, but I've now been twice in two days.

If you're driving down to Richmond, there's a fairly new one not too far after King's Dominion, just a quarter-mile or so off of I-95.

The Cajun Biscuit (which is their chicken biscuit) and Country Ham Biscuit (which is their really salty biscuit) were just as good as I remember - I used to live in Charlotte for awhile, and was a big Bojangle's fan (of course I also enjoyed Captain D's).

For road fast food, I'd say this is right up there with Chick-fil-A, and I've always preferred it to Popeye's, but that seems to be an intensely personal thing.

• Like 2

I stopped by a Bojos the other day in Oxen Hill on my way back from a conference at the Tides Inn.  Mmmm chicken biscuit.  This is one of those things that I know is wrong while I am eating it, but wrong is salty, spicy, crunchy and delicious.  I had never been to a Bojangles before I met Matt, but now when we go South on a road trip we normally find one somewhere.

The sweet tea at Bojangles is pretty awesome. They actually use real tea..go figure. Nothing better to wash down a chicken biscuit, ( I do prefer Popeye's fried chicken...maybe just because I had more access to Popeye's in college than Bojangles).

The sweet tea at Bojangles is pretty awesome. They actually use real tea..go figure. Nothing better to wash down a chicken biscuit, ( I do prefer Popeye's fried chicken...maybe just because I had more access to Popeye's in college than Bojangles).

No I completely agree, for fried chicken- Popeyes, but for chicken biscuit Bojangles (yes even above Chicfila since you can get a chicken biscuit any time of day and biscuit beat bun).  Matt likes the ham biscuit, it's just too much for me, I feel like a deer at a salt lick eating it.

• Like 1