Forest Diner, Baltimore National Pike in Ellicott City - Closed

"World's Best Fried Chicken and Snowballs," the sign said.

I can't vouch for the chicken, but I did enjoy a small Root Beer Snowball ($1.50). Forest Diner has jumped on the local-sourcing bandwagon, making their snowballs with Pasadena-based Kavern Snow Syrup.

A little-known offering is their Wednesday evening Elvis Dinner Show. Though I've yet to attend one, I'm almost tempted to go just because of the howling gaffe in this marketing flyer.

Cheers,

Rocks

It's been probably 5-7 years since I've been out there, but the place is a total joint and serves up good diner food. It gets packed regularly, even after another Double T diner located itself right next to the place.

The Double T Diner folks bought the Forest Diner a few years ago, so now the food at both spots is pretty similar.

It's been probably 5-7 years since I've been out there, but the place is a total joint and serves up good diner food. It gets packed regularly, even after another Double T diner located itself right next to the place.
The Double T Diner folks bought the Forest Diner a few years ago, so now the food at both spots is pretty similar.

Did the Double T move? Because the one I went to (on Rt. 40/BNP) has been there for well over 30 years. Not that I ever went the sober or before midnight, but I remember the place qite clearly.

Shame if the sold the old classic diner building.

There are now (at least) two Double T diners. The one close to the Baltimore Beltway is still certainly there. The other one is right next to the Forest Diner. I was told at one point that the Forest Diner and the 'new' Double T are owned by the same people now (who also own the other Double T Diner...

Was scanning through the dining guide...unfortunately, the Forest Diner closed over the spring or summer sometime.

Wow, thanks for the update. I suspect not many people remember that this diner was (probably) named for "Sherwood Forest," which was a family-run amusement park nearby.