Sweet Tea Vodka

This may be the most exciting thing to come out of South Carolina since the Charleston dance:

Firefly Sweet Tea vodka

I haven't had it yet, but it is now available here in D.C. We've had a lot of requests for it.

I had it in Charleston this weekend, and it is gooooood--excellent, pure tea flavor. Our bartender said it was going to be distributed widely soon, but I didn't realize you could get it already. Where can I find it in the city?

I had it in Charleston this weekend, and it is gooooood--excellent, pure tea flavor. Our bartender said it was going to be distributed widely soon, but I didn't realize you could get it already. Where can I find it in the city?

.....(whistles innocently to self)........ :lol:

By the way, the good folks at breadsoda have hit upon what might just be the perfect application for this spirit.

Firefly Sweet Tea vodka + lemonade = *D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S* It's like an Arnold Palmer (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade) for adults. Since it is only 70-proof to begin with, it REALLY goes down easily, no rough edges whatsoever. A great hot-weather drink, for certain.

When the Fever Tree lemonade ever makes it here, I'm dying to try it with the Firefly. That would be terrific, I think.

By the way, the good folks at breadsoda have hit upon what might just be the perfect application for this spirit.

Firefly Sweet Tea vodka + lemonade = *D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S* It's like an Arnold Palmer (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade) for adults. Since it is only 70-proof to begin with, it REALLY goes down easily, no rough edges whatsoever. A great hot-weather drink, for certain.

When the Fever Tree lemonade ever makes it here, I'm dying to try it with the Firefly. That would be terrific, I think.

You know, I really loved the stuff, but I have to say I've been wondering what could be done with it that would honor the great taste, aside from serving it straight over ice with a lemon. Maybe a touch of soda. But a Hard Palmer sounds perfect.

I've got to get me some of this stuff. I may actually even schlep over to your neighborhood, Joe. :lol:

From what I understand, a particular customer has already (temporarily) wiped out Ace of Firefly - I'd been hoping to get some there earlier today but was foiled. Drats!

However, Joe told me that it was available at VA ABC. It wasn't available at the Lee-Harrison Center ABC in Arlington that I went to at first, and where also someone else was looking for the same thing. Had the guy who had been looking for it given me a chance to speak, I would've told him where he probably could've found some - the ABC store up at 4709-B Lee Highway, next to the CVS and the Silver Diner, near Thirsty Bernie's.

As ABC stores go, that one has a pretty eclectic collection, and I was right - they did have it there. It's $21.90 before tax, so an even $23 (fnord) with tax.

I haven't cracked it yet, but I'm excited as heck to do so!

(Man, I gotta lot of drinking materials to try today between that and going to Ace...)

(samples it)

(samples some more)

(samples a bit more)

This stuff is DANGEROUS.

If you've heard the story of Maine and coffee-flavored brandy (and Joe will happily tell you about it and sell you some if you're interested) this reminds me a lot of that - but better.

It tastes just like good sweet tea but with a bit of a burn.

I mean...damn. I think I know what I'll be sipping while getting the grill going...

Wow, tastes just like sweet tea. It is too sweet for me just like the real thing, but the burn helps cut that.

The ABC store on S. Glebe with the Giant has cases of it. The shopping center on the left before you get to Mt. Vernon Ave.

Just got some from that same store [the closest to my abode].

The stuff is pretty good, I'm kind of surprised at how much it actually tastes like sweet tea.

Very good with lime juice, limeade and mint! :lol:

The Sweet Tea vodka wars have heated up. Diageo has gotten involved.

Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka

Same proof as the others. Shelf price probably the same as Firefly.

Mix this Jeremiah Weed with lemonade and rather than an alcoholic "Arnold Palmer", you have a "John Daley" :rolleyes:

Oh, and you can expect Heaven Hill's Burnett's Sweet Tea Vodka to appear on the value-side in D.C. any day now, if it isn't here already.

Nice NYT article from last month on Sweet Tea Vodka.

The Sweet Tea vodka wars have heated up. Diageo has gotten involved.

Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka

Same proof as the others. Shelf price probably the same as Firefly.

Mix this Jeremiah Weed with lemonade and rather than an alcoholic "Arnold Palmer", you have a "John Daley" :rolleyes:

Oh, and you can expect Heaven Hill's Burnett's Sweet Tea Vodka to appear on the value-side in D.C. any day now, if it isn't here already.

Nice NYT article from last month on Sweet Tea Vodka.

Will have to try the others.

Went to college and worked on the newspaper with the NYT writer.