Obama's Favorite Restaurant

lion

I am going to say either 2 Amys or Comet Ping Pong. Kid-friendly, excellent pizzas (which he likes) and a pretty liberal atmosphere.
Getting a table at 2Amys on a relatively busy night is already a clusterfu*k, so I can't begin to imagine what it would be like should the Obamas choose to dine there.

The Italian place in Chicago is Spiaggia, where the Obamas apparently had a regular table for their "date nights."

There was a story someplace recently on the caterer that the Obama campaign used for everything here in DC. The head of Avalon Caterers (chosen apparently because they are a union shop) reported that Barack enjoys a lot of fish.

The Italian place in Chicago is Spiaggia, where the Obamas apparently had a regular table for their "date nights."

There was a story someplace recently on the caterer that the Obama campaign used for everything here in DC. The head of Avalon Caterers (chosen apparently because they are a union shop) reported that Barack enjoys a lot of fish.

Spiaggia is similar to Tosca. I wouldnt doubt that it would be near to top of the list.

Obama's go-to restaurant in DC might be someplace that has good peach cobbler.

I couldn't get that link to work, here's another one:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...rantreview.html

BTW, Check, Please is a great show, wish there was something similar to it here. Basically, three random people pick a restaurant and take turns reviewing each other's choices. Dixie Kitchen, Obama's pick, is a good neighborhood cajun spot [with a location in Hyde Park and Evanston]. Amanda Puck [Wolfgang's forme sister-in-law] was the host in that 2001 clip, but later Alpana Singh, sommelier extraordinaire, hosted the show.

As a former line cook at the Tabard Inn, I believe that President-Elect Obama would be a great fan of Chef Paul Pelt's cooking. A proud native of the South Side of Chicago and a DC resident for most of his life, Chef Paul is also a true-blue fan of the incoming president. Besides, the Tabard is a progressive establishment a and quick motorcade-ride from the White House. For the President-Elect, I would suggest the charcuterie plate with an arugula salad.

Obama's go-to restaurant in DC might be someplace that has good peach cobbler[/url].
If they liked Dixie Kitchen and Bait Shop, maybe they will like Buck's Fishing and Camping.
Hands-down the best peach cobbler I've ever had was at Dixie Kitchen. Many great food memories were created there during my four years in Hyde Park, especially with fresh, hot, Johnny cakes and butter to start the meal off there. I was also happy to see The Medici featured as an old Obama haunt. Can't compare Dixie & Buck's - they're in such different leagues (homestyle Colorado Kitchenesque isn't Buck's, right?). But funny that you say that though.