Taqueria la Veracruzana, Taqueria on Cherry Lane off Route 1 in Laurel - Closed

Good to know, thanks. I love tongue. We found a taco truck up closer to Jessup on Rt 1 this past weekend that ROCKED. Tried to hit it again during the week, but it must be there only during the daytime. Hit Tacqueria Veracruzana, on Cherry Lane, instead. Not as good, but still tasty.

Never heard of it, going to check it out tonight.

I finally went here today for a quick and delicious lunch. I grabbed two tacos--one lengua, one chorizo. The lengua was cooked perferctly, not too chewy. This was a little better than Irene's, my Laurel standby. The ingredients were all fresh tasting and the proportions were good. A worthy addition to an ethnic-deficient dining scene in Laurel.

Note, everything is in Spanish and there are no prices on the wall, but I think I paid 4.50 for the two tacos.

Right now I am sitting at taqueria la vercruzana, in front of me is one of the most delicious plates of chicken enchiladas in salsa verde I have ever had. The tortillas are made in house I'm fairly certain, or bought from someone who does. The chicken is perfectly braised and the green sauce is spicy enough to have you ordering another cantaloupe juice. The mole poblano chicken is a leg and thigh that I don't think I could cook better myself, everyone who dislikes chicken probably hasn't had it cooked properly. The mole is very flavorful and comes with rice and beans, as does the meat and potato filled chili relleno, which I have ordered both times I've been here. There are only 9 tables, and they're rocking as I'm sitting here enjoying myself. I see the older reviews are mostly about the tacos, please come here to enjoy the plated food. I promise you won't be sorry, they have been in business 10 years strong, and are a wonderful bunch. I am smitten.

Right now I am sitting at taqueria la vercruzana, in front of me is one of the most delicious plates of chicken enchiladas in salsa verde I have ever had. The tortillas are made in house I'm fairly certain, or bought from someone who does. The chicken is perfectly braised and the green sauce is spicy enough to have you ordering another cantaloupe juice. The mole poblano chicken is a leg and thigh that I don't think I could cook better myself, everyone who dislikes chicken probably hasn't had it cooked properly. The mole is very flavorful and comes with rice and beans, as does the meat and potato filled chili relleno, which I have ordered both times I've been here. There are only 9 tables, and they're rocking as I'm sitting here enjoying myself. I see the older reviews are mostly about the tacos, please come here to enjoy the plated food. I promise you won't be sorry, they have been in business 10 years strong, and are a wonderful bunch. I am smitten.

I've been meaning to come here, and haven't.

Just in case people here think their posts don't matter, I just raised Tacqueria La Veracruzana three slots in the Dining Guide, and am tempted to put it in Italic. I almost did based on juliusc91's 2010 post, but this clinches it (I hesitated before based on Pool Boy's initial comment - I trust all three members).

I have not been there in ages. I need to go back and check it out again. The Laurel scene is definitely taking a more decided Latino flair over the last few years. I'll have to make note of the names of some of the places that are 'new' in old restaurant spots that fit this bill.

Today was the first time back in some time for me. It is still good. I have not tried anything other than the tacos, and I will change that next time, especially based on the comments from the thread here.

I opted for a couple of al pasto tacos and one lengua. My wife did two al pastor and one chorizo. All of them are good. The chorizo was particularly good. The lengua was perfectly tender and delicious (my only nit is it was a bit underseasoned, but easily corrected), I still prefer the al pastor overall, but next time I will expand my horizons here.

post-384-0-24529600-1403377899_thumb.jpg

Alas, this place has closed, or has moved to location unknown. I certainly hope they just relocated, but I have no way to know. So sad if they closed.

There is a new (I think Pakistani) kabob place there instead - it is called Bano Kabob. Might have to check it out.