Via Veneto, Hollin Hall Shopping Center in South Alexandria

I love fresh past and really enjoy The paparadelle at Tosca,  they typaically do it with wild boar.  Dario leo used to do a fabulous chocolate tagliatelle with rabbit raguat Goldoni's but it slipped off the menuwhen he left for Georgia.  Another hole in the wall favorite of mine is the fresh past at the Via Veneto in Hooin Hall area of Mt Vernon, their fresh pastas are light as a feather!

I am interested in other peoples experiences with frersh pasta and great authentic italian sauces.

Thanks

I'm a huge fan of that paparadelle with boar dish at Tosca too (despite having had Roberto's pasta and a fair sampling of it in Italy huh.gif ).

Where is Via Veneto?

Where is Via Veneto?

It is about 5 miles south of Old Town in Alexandria just off Fort Hunt Road; close to the Parkway.

Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano
1309 Shenandoah Road
Alexandria, VA 22308-1117
Phone: (703) 765-6661

Having eaten at both, I MUCH prefer Tosca. But it's not even a fair compairson. As described earlier, Via Veneto is a family-run hole in the wall.

It is about 5 miles south of Old Town in Alexandria just off Fort Hunt Road; close to the Parkway. 

Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano
1309 Shenandoah Road
Alexandria, VA 22308-1117 
Phone: (703) 765-6661

Having eaten at both, I MUCH prefer Tosca.  But it's not even a fair compairson.  As described earlier, Via Veneto is a family-run hole in the wall.

via veneto is a hole in the wall and you have to be careful but the pastas are light and very good,