Nark Kara, Downtown Bethesda - Closed.

We've eaten at Nark Kara a couple of times in the last few months on Thursday nights----our "date" night. The second time was because my wife and I liked it so much. What was disturbing was that both times, we were only one of two parties in the place at prime dinner hour. This is very good Thai food and certainly the best that Bethesda has to offer for Thai.

Everything we've eaten has been excellent. For the salads, we've had the yum talay and the pla goong (shrimp). On the entree side, we've had the ginger fish, a seafood combination called "z-food" and both times, the drunken noodles. We've had drunken noodles at several Thai establishments, and this is the best.

Not affiliated with the restaurant but really hope this note will put the restaurant on your radar. Nark Kara has been positively rated by Zibart and is in the most recent Cheap Eats from the Washingtonian. We'd just hate to see a fine place like this go under and have to subject ourselves to Tara Thai when the urge hits us.

We've eaten at Nark Kara a couple of times in the last few months on Thursday nights----our "date" night. The second time was because my wife and I liked it so much. What was disturbing was that both times, we were only one of two parties in the place at prime dinner hour. This is very good Thai food and certainly the best that Bethesda has to offer for Thai.

Everything we've eaten has been excellent. For the salads, we've had the yum talay and the pla goong (shrimp). On the entree side, we've had the ginger fish, a seafood combination called "z-food" and both times, the drunken noodles. We've had drunken noodles at several Thai establishments, and this is the best.

Not affiliated with the restaurant but really hope this note will put the restaurant on your radar. Nark Kara has been positively rated by Zibart and is in the most recent Cheap Eats from the Washingtonian. We'd just hate to see a fine place like this go under and have to subject ourselves to Tara Thai when the urge hits us.

I've eaten there twice over the last year and a half and I also was the only party there both times. Every time I walk past this place to go to Mia's or Caddies or the drycleaner, the place is empty. I'm shocked they're still around honestly, though the food has been fine those two times but nothing exciting or impressive. Yes, Kliman has written positively about them in the past. But on my way up to Westminster tonight I slightly veered towards Wheaton to get Nava Thai. I want a Thai place in Bethesda that makes me and others veer off path.

Pax,

Brian

I've eaten there twice over the last year and a half and I also was the only party there both times. Every time I walk past this place to go to Mia's or Caddies or the drycleaner, the place is empty. I'm shocked they're still around honestly, though the food has been fine those two times but nothing exciting or impressive. Yes, Kliman has written positively about them in the past. But on my way up to Westminster tonight I slightly veered towards Wheaton to get Nava Thai. I want a Thai place in Bethesda that makes me and others veer off path.

Pax,

Brian

I agree. With the best Thai in the area either in Northern Virginia or Wheaton, it's just not easy for someone living in Lower MontCo to get to these areas on a weeknight. You'd think a steady Thai place like NK would do better given the relative choices nearby.

I agree. With the best Thai in the area either in Northern Virginia or Wheaton, it's just not easy for someone living in Lower MontCo to get to these areas on a weeknight. You'd think a steady Thai place like NK would do better given the relative choices nearby.

same experience here. after half an hour or so, we were the only customers in the restaurant. i prefer having other people around. if i lived in betheda i probably would have been back a couple of times by now. the food was fine, but maybe not worth an hour-long trip to get there. and passage to india is just across the street.

same experience here. after half an hour or so, we were the only customers in the restaurant. i prefer having other people around. if i lived in betheda i probably would have been back a couple of times by now. the food was fine, but maybe not worth an hour-long trip to get there. and passage to india is just across the street.

This place is closed, lasted longer than we thought it was, as it was always empty when we walked past (usually on our way to Mia's). We ate there once and had carryout from there once, it was decent, not sure why they couldn't make a go of it. Maybe because Bethesda is saturated with Thai places?? and of course the sign in the window announced the coming of a new Thai place.. Maybe new management or something?