Elderflower Liqueur

Coop

Does anyone know if any liquor stores in the D.C. area carry St. Germain liquors? The company's website brings you to liquor stores in NY for U.S. availability. Thanks!
You can get it at Ace, MacArthur Beverages and Schneider's for sure. Probably others, too.

Scott (Scooter) was kind enough to share this delicious recipe with me last year:

In a cocktail shaker with ice add 1/2 oz Gin (sapphire works), 1/4 oz of fresh lemon juice and 1/4 oz St. Germain Elderflower. Shake and strain into a champagne flute and top with the sparkling wine of your choosing. Anything Brut will do. Finish with a twist of lemon and that's it.

Factoid: Elderflower in German is Edelweiss. I like it in Champagne 6:1 or a few drops in a Gin and Tonic.

Mark, Elderflowers in German are Holunderblüten and, as the name implies, come from a species of Elder (Sambucus). The fruit of the plant is often made into a delicious marmalade.

Does anyone know if any liquor stores in the D.C. area carry St. Germain liquors? The company's website brings you to liquor stores in NY for U.S. availability. Thanks!

I bought a bottle a couple weeks ago at Schneider's on Capital Hill. I'll also stick in a shameless plug for my latest cocktail post (The Darby Flower) at www.dcfoodies.com, which includes elderflower cordial.