White House Beer Meeting

dcs

This looks to be the beer line-up. I am troubled at the President's choice of Budweiser, as it seems politically calculated to cultivate an "everyman" image despite the fact that Anheuser-Busch is not even American owned anymore. Could Bud actually be the President's favorite beer?

This looks to be the beer line-up. I am troubled at the President's choice of Budweiser, as it seems politically calculated to cultivate an "everyman" image despite the fact that Anheuser-Busch is not even American owned anymore. Could Bud actually be the President's favorite beer?

I'm just wondering why it matters if Bud could be his favorite beer. Generally saying, the man can't be everything to everyone. And if he likes Bud well then that's just what he likes. It seems like everyone is projecting their own preferences and causes on him. The overburdened man should drink what he wants, despite what we think might be better.

I thought I read somewhere that Goose something (? Island maybe), a craft beer from Illinois was Obama's favorite beer. Clearly the choice of Bud Light for the photo op is designed so that he can avoid being tagged as an arugula-loving elitist. He probably drinks Bud in public only, and makes more discerning choices when he is dining at home.

I thought I read somewhere that Goose something (? Island maybe), a craft beer from Illinois was Obama's favorite beer. Clearly the choice of Bud Light for the photo op is designed so that he can avoid being tagged as an arugula-loving elitist. He probably drinks Bud in public only, and makes more discerning choices when he is dining at home.

I think you are right, and it is a shame that such is the perception, as craft brewed beer is about as elitist as, I don't know, Gillian Clark's fried chicken with macaroni and cheese. Or a Hellburger.

Specifically, it is an everyday food item whose maker chooses to make it with care and respect rather than the disrespect inherent in industrialized versions perceived as "egalitarian"; yet the "craft version" is sold at a price which makes it affordable to all, if marginally more dear than the industrial example.

Hugh Sisson's small brewery, Clipper City, is 34.6 miles away from 1600 Pennsylvania per google maps, and unlike Anheuser-Busch, is owned by an American small businessman...