Glaymond Landrace 2004 Barossa Valley

Joe H

I am sipping this as I am typing. It is mouth coating, jammy, full bodied and 16.5% alcohol. If I was still in high school I would seriously hope that my date would have even one glass of this!!! 16.5% is nothing to laugh at! Parker gives this 93 points. Retail is in the high $40's. For anyone who is into shiraz/valpolicella/amarone this is a fantastic bargain: the Wine Library is $29.98. http://winelibrary.com/search.asp?search=glaymond+landrace&x=32&y=9 They note the list price @$39 but if you go on WineZap almost everything is high $40's. Regardless, this is a delicious wine that I think is a very real bargain for someone who likes this style (i.e. Me!). From time to time I will find a wine that I post on here as a real bargain for what it delivers. This is one.

I am not even certain if any D. C. store carries this...at any price. They should. I'd put this just a notch below Elderton Command which is an $80+ wine.

I am sipping this as I am typing. It is mouth coating, jammy, full bodied and 16.5% alcohol. If I was still in high school I would seriously hope that my date would have even one glass of this!!! 16.5% is nothing to laugh at! Parker gives this 93 points. Retail is in the high $40's. For anyone who is into shiraz/valpolicella/amarone this is a fantastic bargain: the Wine Library is $29.98. http://winelibrary.com/search.asp?search=glaymond+landrace&x=32&y=9 They note the list price @$39 but if you go on WineZap almost everything is high $40's. Regardless, this is a delicious wine that I think is a very real bargain for someone who likes this style (i.e. Me!). From time to time I will find a wine that I post on here as a real bargain for what it delivers. This is one.

I am not even certain if any D. C. store carries this...at any price. They should. I'd put this just a notch below Elderton Command which is an $80+ wine.

A Dressner import, right??

16.5%?! :rolleyes: Just ridiculous.