What To Do With Good Chicken au Jus?

ktmoomau

My family has a family reunion, and at this reunion we have an auction of goods we make, the profit goes to scholarships for the family.

At this auction I acquired two farm raised grain fed chickens, cleaned with the neck on. I made a really fantastic roast chicken with one (I have another and real butter, fresh homemade mozzarella and grass fed beef and homemade sausages too I lucked out) of the chickens. I smeared it with olive oil and thyme then drizzled half a lemon stuffed the rest in the cavity with sage and thyme. During the cooking I basted it with some real butter. Afterwards I picked the bones and pulled off the chicken to reuse the rest of this week in various ways. I should have thrown the carcus and some stuff in a pot and made stock (and then made chicken and dumplins), but it was too late at night. So I strained the au jus into a container. Any ideas on how best to use it? I thought about making it into a sauce for pasta, I have about a cup. But am thinking there might be a tastier use?

My family has a family reunion, and at this reunion we have an auction of goods we make, the profit goes to scholarships for the family.

At this auction I acquired two farm raised grain fed chickens, cleaned with the neck on. I made a really fantastic roast chicken with one (I have another and real butter, fresh homemade mozzarella and grass fed beef and homemade sausages too I lucked out) of the chickens. I smeared it with olive oil and thyme then drizzled half a lemon stuffed the rest in the cavity with sage and thyme. During the cooking I basted it with some real butter. Afterwards I picked the bones and pulled off the chicken to reuse the rest of this week in various ways. I should have thrown the carcus and some stuff in a pot and made stock (and then made chicken and dumplins), but it was too late at night. So I strained the au jus into a container. Any ideas on how best to use it? I thought about making it into a sauce for pasta, I have about a cup. But am thinking there might be a tastier use?

Freeze it in 1-tablespoon increments, in an ice cube tray and save the cubes in a zip lock bag. During the next few months, whenever you make a pan reduction sauce, throw one or two of the cubes in for a big-time boost of flavor.

Also, throw a cube or two in when sauteeing vegetables such as escarole or rappini (well, you might want to thaw first, depending on if it makes a big difference to lower your pan temp suddenly). A hit of good stock and a pinch of red pepper flakes can really make greens pop.

Freeze it in 1-tablespoon increments, in an ice cube tray and save the cubes in a zip lock bag. During the next few months, whenever you make a pan reduction sauce, throw one or two of the cubes in for a big-time boost of flavor.

It would also be very good in a gravy for mashed potatoes or noodles. I'm not sure what size incrememts to freeze it on for that, but the thought is making me drool.