Library Thing

Heather

Are any other board members are using Library Thing?

I am slowly getting my cook book collection cataloged and tagged. For the curious: Heather's library.

I've thought about it, but it would take years for me to type in all of my books.

There are a couple of programs out there (Collectorz, for one) that enable scanning of barcodes to build the database. I'll probably break down and do that some day.

I'm not using it to log all of my books, because as you say that would take years. :rolleyes: Just the cookbooks, and it goes surprisingly fast using the ISBN.

I see that it's 200 books before you have to start paying. That wouldn't get me through my cookbook collection, let alone the other books. Have you found it valuable enough to pay to catalogue your cookbooks?

I see that it's 200 books before you have to start paying. That wouldn't get me through my cookbook collection, let alone the other books. Have you found it valuable enough to pay to catalogue your cookbooks?

I will probably throw them some cash once I start getting close to 200. I can buy lifetime pass for $25.