Appetizing

mojoman

Hello fellow Rockwellians,

I haven't posted in awhile. Given the price of fuel and the fact that my fiance and I are saving up for a place together, I haven't been doing much eating out and what we've been doing hasn't been remarkable.

I saw "A Cooks Tour" where he was in Manhattan (TIVO'ed) and he ate smoked sturgeon and Nova lox and eggs at Barney Greengrass. Is smoked sturgeon available in our area, especially MoCo?

Can anyone suggest an alternative? Smoked whitefish?

TIA

Hello fellow Rockwellians,

I haven't posted in awhile. Given the price of fuel and the fact that my fiance and I are saving up for a place together, I haven't been doing much eating out and what we've been doing hasn't been remarkable.

I saw "A Cooks Tour" where he was in Manhattan (TIVO'ed) and he ate smoked sturgeon and Nova lox and eggs at Barney Greengrass. Is smoked sturgeon available in our area, especially MoCo?

Can anyone suggest an alternative? Smoked whitefish?

TIA

Parkway Deli, in Silver Spring, has good smoked fish. Whitefish and sable, certainly; not sure if they offer sturgeon.

My newly arrived son's (yeah!) bris will be next Wednesday. It seems this is as much about providing an appropriate selection of smoked and otherwise treated fish as it is doing the deed. Anybody have any tips on where I can find the best appetizing in town? We have some grandfathers coming who go for herring and the like.

My newly arrived son's (yeah!) bris will be next Wednesday. It seems this is as much about providing an appropriate selection of smoked and otherwise treated fish as it is doing the deed. Anybody have any tips on where I can find the best appetizing in town? We have some grandfathers coming who go for herring and the like.

No idea on the appetizing but MAZEL TOV!!!! :(

I got nothin', except that your post reminded me of a Martha Stewart parody where, for a bris, "Martha" served tiny weiners and miniature meatballs in a chafing dish. :(